Fuel Blockade [circulating around the net]

Lee Winger

Very high water content in tescos. A very good diesel engineers firm in Helston, cornwall, were telling me how much they love tescos fuel..........as it brings them the majority of their work through the damage it causes to cars!!

This reminds me of those experiments I did at school when you mixed vegetable oil and water to find that oil does not mix well with water but floats on the top - easy to separate.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer the idea of people not buying from one or two of the big oil companies such as BP and Texaco which in short would force them to drop their prices thus forcing competition companies to lower theirs too. But this can only happen if it is carried out by the masses.

Texaco sites are all privately owned so you would just be damaging some poor souls business.

Sadly I agree with Steve, unless you can stop the crude getting to the refineries it gets you nowhere...

BP and Shell jointly own most of them and all sub-distributors fuel comes from them...

Blockades serve no purpose other than to increase Joe publics need for fuel, therefore the prices go up and you then have nowhere to go other than a now very expensive petrol station...

This reminds me of those experiments I did at school when you mixed vegetable oil and water to find that oil does not mix well with water but floats on the top - easy to separate.

Diesel can contain upto 5% water, if agitated, as in in a tank on a truck, car or otherwise you'll never know and it could contain more; except for burning more fuel than normal...

The only way to separate it is with a drying agent which would take days or weeks and a load of equipment...

NB: The drying agents required cost about £1.00 a kilo and you'll need a kilo per gallon to make it effective, you do the maths...

Bear in mind a litre of fuel is approximately 1 kilo...

They've got you all ways, the only way to go is Bio-diesel from cooking oil but that's taxable and HMRC are latched onto it like an irremovable lock...

these stupid 1 to 2 day strikes serve no purpose other than to annoy a few thousand people.

I think if you look in to strike action over the years (i can say this coming from a mining back ground) the actual 1 to 2 day strikes are not to bring production/deliverys to a stand still but to bring to attention of goverment/employers that they cant just walk over the working class tax payer, and raise the profile of the matter to the press who are a tool in these matters be we like it or not.this from an employer and tax payer

these stupid 1 to 2 day strikes serve no purpose other than to annoy a few thousand people.

i agree during the last fuel strike we were classed as essential because of call outs so every car/truck/bike was filled up at stations that had direct pipelines so never needed to worry about lack of fuel.

the aftermath was about 7 days before normal service was restored..

what was acheived......nowt