Fuel Blockade [circulating around the net]

Lee Winger

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tax! Although the price of oil is fluctuating (:confused1:), why is it the uk has to be adding so much tax to fuel prices? Fair enough that oil costs more then less then more, there's good reason. But the government needs to appreciate small firms can be crippled by fuel costs, as is everyone! How much would the economy boom if duty was lifted? How many of us would say great, i've got x amount extra, i'll invest, save, have a new conservatory, car, tree sorted.......???

Diesel can contain upto 5% water, if agitated/QUOTE]

But you dont buy it agitated, you buy it from still underground tanks where all the water settles to the bottom and the feed line is positioned away from the bottom of the tank.

But by the time it's consumed it doesn't have time to settle...

A 5% mix would take weeks to begin to separate, even then there's a very high probability it wouldn't even have started to separate...

Again bringing the attention to the government isn't going to do anything, it's a major source of their income and as oil sources are being depleted rapidly, North sea reserves at an all time low as well as Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, there's nothing we can do other than to find a way of not having to buy it on a general public scale...

We can't, so they've got us by the short and curlies...

Tax! Although the price of oil is fluctuating (:confused1:), why is it the uk has to be adding so much tax to fuel prices? Fair enough that oil costs more then less then more, there's good reason. But the government needs to appreciate small firms can be crippled by fuel costs, as is everyone! How much would the economy boom if duty was lifted? How many of us would say great, i've got x amount extra, i'll invest, save, have a new conservatory, car, tree sorted.......???

Then the government has no income, then other services like police, fire and nhs start to suffer...

There's a bill going through at the minute for CO2 tokens, you get allocated so many per year per adult...

If you use them up you have to buy more to buy fuel, if you don't use them up you can cash them in...

Edited by Omniata

Again bringing the attention to the government isn't going to do anything, it's a major source of their income and as oil sources are being depleted rapidly, North sea reserves at an all time low as well as Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, there's nothing we can do other than to find a way of not having to buy it on a general public scale...

We can't, so they've got us by the short and curlies...

Then the government has no income then other services like police, fire and nhs start to suffer...

There's a bill going through at the minute for CO2 tokens, you get allocated so many per year per adult...

If you use them up you have to buy more to buy fuel, if you don't use them up you can cash them in...

So, why are we one of the most heavily taxed countries in the world? Fuel wise! Won't be long til they tax timber as a fuel!

So, why are we one of the most heavily taxed countries in the world? Fuel wise! Won't be long til they tax timber as a fuel!

Because we owe so much debt to Europe in terms of borrowing and have no means other than tax to pay it back through lack of production and all manufacturing being outsourced...

Add to that we're funding our own unemployed and "dolers" so the bill is enormous...

If we didn't have so many people that "couldn't be bothered" on the system it would be an easy life over here...

I don't wish this discussion to become more political than it already has but....

It makes my blood boil!!!!!

Edited by Omniata

I prefer the idea of people not buying from one or two of the big oil companies such as BP and Texaco which in short would force them to drop their prices thus forcing competition companies to lower theirs too. But this can only happen if it is carried out by the masses.

I think rather than blaming the big companies we need to be looking towards our own government. I believe that 67% of a litre of fuel is tax and VAT. This is the problem but it can only be solved in the longer term by reduced reliance on fossil fuels and then we won't be held to ransom by fuel cartels, stockmarkets and the government. Although saying that the government will tax anything to make money (any government that is) and once the new fuel suppplier gets floated the markets will be involved again!!