Kids........Aaaarrgghh!

Andy Collins

So your boy wants to prioritise his Satuarday for doing things he enjoys and is more beneficial to his relationship with his girlfriend and friends.

You want to free up your Satuarday to spend time doing things that are more beneficial to your business and letting you do stuff that you would rather do.:001_rolleyes:

So you both have the same problem. Now you want him to sacrifice his satuarday for you and you can do this by simply giving him money.

Now you could give him the money with out asking him to work for it and this would solve his problem BUT that would make him spoilt blah blah blah.

Now i reckon(correct me if i am wrong) the discusion mostly 1 way would consist of him saying something, you giving him YOUR solution, him saying no, you going in the huff and coming straight on here to moan about the younger generation. :sneaky2:

But you never sorted out the problem, you didnt listen to him, your engrained ideas that were most probably drummed into you by guilt and tales of 'when i was a boy ' from your dad just got plucked from your brain and came out your mouth.

He wanted sympathy and a solution, you are his dad, sympathise with the lad and sit down and ask him what he suggests you both can do to work TOGETHER.

Neither of you wants to work the weekend, so put that to the last resort pile. Do some mind mapping mate, we are men so we need practical solutions, start at 1 end and work your way to another, and when you are doing this, give him the pen and paper and let him do it, put a 10 second delay from your brain to your mouth and open your ears.

FACT IS the reason your son acts and behaves this way is copying you, and you don't like the answers because they are your own answers.

Pretend he is not your son but the hard working young lad who works his socks off monday to friday for pittance, is well mannered and polite and is going to carry your name on to the next generation with pride BUT some rules need to be changed in the family ways passed from generation to generation.

A good teacher tells kids what to do, a great teacher shows kids what to do and an amazing teacher inspires kids to do things.

You have now taught him this morning if you do not get your own way, you huff and puff and rant.

I await your reply, always your number 18 fan, Stevie:biggrin:

Meow

:thumbup:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

speaking as someone just beyond your sons age, i can understand him not wanting to use precious time off - he's got the rest of his life to be tied down with work, kids, mortgage blah blah blah. I think £150 odd quid a week is fine at his age (i was on the dole or working part time at 19 so had the same money or less - i managed fine)

then again, earning in an hour what you normally get in 3 has got to be good (not strenuous work, either!)

Stevie, I havent huffed and puffed at him at all, I provided a solution to his problem, he wants more money, I offered the opportunity to earn it. That opportunity was turned down, to my frustration, as I believed I was helping him. Perhaps I wasnt, perhaps I was being selfish by thinking it was something he could do. The solution is for him to try and earn his money elsewhere, and do it the hard way. Life is full of hard knocks, wrapping them in cotton wool and soft-soaping them does them no favours, it will not prepare them for the big wide world.

In a nutshell Stevie, I disagree with you on this.

Ever your 2,399th fan, Andy :biggrin:

Im sure there are a lot of you guys out there who started on next to naff all wages (i started work at age 12 doing saturdays all day for £12). I remember being really proud and chuffed of my twelve quid every week.

!

Too right mate. I used to go Hedge laying when I was 14 cause my parents refused to buy me a Playstation. Said that if I wanted one that badly, I'd go and work for it. So I did. Spent nearly every Saturday working for £2 an hour. When I finally got it I worshipped the bloody thing, I reckon that I must have had the only Playstation in the country that got Polished every week without fail. I'm sure that most of the kids in my class at school couldn't work out why my Playstation had a faint smell of 'Pledge'

I worked every hour God sent since age 15.

Lads these days are far too soft- it's taken me eleven lads to find a good one. Even he wants 'me' time at the weekend. As he makes me lot of money during the week I oblige.

Have three more starting next week- we're going to be very busy and I'm pretty sure only one of them will turn out any good. I'm not a harsh employer- we have a laugh, they get bought top quality workwear, radio ear defenders the lot. And a beer after work on Fridays. Yet kids these days think they can just ring in 'sick' twenty minutes before you're supposed to pick them up.

The trouble is Andy, we're self employed. We have a completely different mindset from everyone else.

My solution would be to get one of your friends to offer him work- I never wanted to work for my old man, but I worked my socks of for everyone else for some reason. Up at five to feed the pheasants. Finishing bale stacking at nine. The works. Kids these days eh? Don't know they were born.

Yours

A 22 year old :D

. Life is full of hard knocks, wrapping them in cotton wool and soft-soaping them does them no favours, it will not prepare them for the big wide world.

QUOTE]

Andy, what did you expect him to say when you made him the offer:001_smile:

I would of expected Andys boy to rip Andys hand off, as the first post says it was the boy moanig about his lack of money Andy offered him a way to make up the shortfall at nearly three times more per hour than his day job. If someone offered me a Saturday at three times my normal day rate i would be there every saturday without fail.

I would of expected Andys boy to rip Andys hand off, as the first post says it was the boy moanig about his lack of money Andy offered him a way to make up the shortfall at nearly three times more per hour than his day job. If someone offered me a Saturday at three times my normal day rate i would be there every saturday without fail.

So all you guys who have had to work every hour you can, thinks the world is harsh and full of hard knocks are giving out advice to encourage his son to go down the same road as yourself:001_rolleyes:

So the solution to wanting to do less for more, is to do more and like it or lump it:confused1: