Kids........Aaaarrgghh!

Andy Collins

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's no longer a seedling struggling to grow, or a whippy sapling fighting up through the canopy, but a young tree that needs occasional attention to maturity.

QUOTE]

I think you going by your analogy, you staked it.:laugh1:

If i was called out to this job(your family analogy) and i found your young tree growing in the shadow of a larger dominant tree and i noticed it could not grow straight and tall, i wouldnt focus on the young tree, it is young and healthy, the problem would be the big 1 beside it, i would asses its value and worth to the forest, if it had signs of weekness around the buttresses, some week forks and unions with years of battling the elements protecting the smaller trees under its canopy, then i would make my decisions on my findings.:001_rolleyes:

I may fell the big 1 and take it right out of the equation BUT it still does some good, so i would maybe cut back the over hanging branches, give it a thin out so it didnt have to work so hard in the storms and the 2 trees could still grow together and gradually over time the small tree would be strong enough for when the time comes to stand by itself when the big tree is no longer around.:blushing:

Interesting thread.

I'm 22 and working 6 days a week at present, mostly at £6.75 per hour. I dont mind working saturdays at all and have been known to work many sundays in a row. I'd love to be on £10 per hour for essentially straight forward, stress free work!!!

I've not grown up in a poor household nor an extravagant one. Virtually every sunday from an age where I was old enough to be usefull I've helped my dad in either the running of his business (which is a major contributor to the household income) or growing of our own food. I have grumbled at times but eventually I realised you only get out what you put in. 'me time' is all very good but you cant look in the mirror a year later and see all you gained from weekends of 'me time'

matt

I think 18 - 19 is too old to be starting a manual job, by that age kids are used to lie ins and a cushy life (not necessarily your lad Andy).

Thats the brown stuff falling out of a cows arse. If you've worked in an office till you were 30, then decide they wanna farm/cut trees/keeper a shoot/put fences in etc. and they put their mind to it they'll do it. I've seen it happen enough times. I've always worked since I was 13 or so. I've done manual work on farms, stacking wood etc. Then when I was 15 I wised up. I had a constant supply of something people wanted. I had game. I set to work selling pheasants, rabbits, venison, partridge ducks and geese to the teachers, cleaners, dinner ladies and mates mums at school. Soon I realised that I was too cheap. £2 a pheasant from me, or £6 from the butcher. My Pheasants went up, £4 a bird. I stopped dressing and plucking them myself and instead bought them wholesale from a gamedealer friend dressed and cellophaned and on a plastic tray for £1 a bird. More people bought them because they looked more professional. I was selling £100 - £150 worth a week in the winter. Then I left school :lol:

If you want to do it enough you will do it, even if it is just a sunday with the bird and some cash :)

Sam