Lets see your Guns.

Sam Thompson

24 minutes ago, AHPP said:

I did explain... I can do it with different words but it will be fundamentally the same explanation.

I did get bored earlier, 1.5" group at 4m with a pneumatic Webley pistol from the 90s, I use it as a squirrel trap backup instead of lumping the rifle when trapping.

Irons are about as wide as the QE2 tho, just buy a kids start rifle including scope for £150. Slightly lower power but enough for rats and easy to use if you buy a gas ram version, headshot only tho, no excuses.

Edited by GarethM

DSCF0019.jpg.f9386df3964306966167a68f045aed30.jpg

2 hours ago, AHPP said:

I’ve twice bought one of those brilliant hushpower 410 folders and twice sold them for underuse. One would probably come in handy for the inevitable arrival of rats (following the indeterminate arrival of chickens) though. Perhaps third time lucky. 

I must of had mine for at least 40 years . Its a Pedretti .   When I first got it I copuld not understand how I was missing things so , fired it on a pattern plate . Turns out I was getting a cigar shaped pattern at about a 45 degree angle . Took the moderator tube off and discovered the cross holes ( muzzle breaks ) were just drilled strait through without removing the burrs . Once I removed the burrs it put out a decent if not tight pattern ( being full choke ) Not worth selling . Its always there ...

Edited by Stubby

If it's as close range as you describe (4m), then open sights or a red dot sight. No scopes, you will struggle to paralax or even focus at that range, and even low mounts will play havoc with holdover/under.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, doobin said:

If it's as close range as you describe (4m), then open sights or a red dot sight. No scopes, you will struggle to paralax or even focus at that range, and even low mounts will play havoc with holdover/under.

This  ^ ^ ^ .  Its why I have had more success with the cheap springer and irons .

3 hours ago, Stubby said:

DSCF0019.jpg.f9386df3964306966167a68f045aed30.jpg

I must of had mine for at least 40 years . Its a Pedretti .   When I first got it I copuld not understand how I was missing things so , fired it on a pattern plate . Turns out I was getting a cigar shaped pattern at about a 45 degree angle . Took the moderator tube off and discovered the cross holes ( muzzle breaks ) were just drilled strait through without removing the burrs . Once I removed the burrs it put out a decent if not tight pattern ( being full choke ) Not worth selling . Its always there ...

Yep. Both Pedretti. I remember mine as having longer barrels but that could just be bad memories. I didn’t have a big enough coat at the time to get the full benefit from it.

I patterned mine and it seemed normal at the time but bear in mind I’m not very serious about shotguns. Mainly used it in lieu of an air rifle while I didn’t have one and where I didn’t want to use the rimfire. Sitting rabbits to thirty yards ish. Anything moving was pot luck. I’m rubbish with shotguns. No sense of art.

6 hours ago, AHPP said:

Anyone else want in on a bulk deal on cats with me and peds? I’ve just dug a hole for an old one. 

Sorry to hear Alex, I've just had mine euthanised. Came home with severe head trauma. Hit by something fast. 

I'm not a cat person really, i wanted a dog and the mrs wanted a cat, so the natural compromise was 2 cats. That was 7 years ago. Didn't like the greedy shite when he was alive but i still found it surprisingly hard when the time came. 

• Sad 2

Reciprocity and solidarity. I’m OK though. I’m not badly affected by pet deaths. I was Meike’s number one person for eight years ish and I was basically pleased when she died. No more suffering. Remember the good and move on. Have wondered how close a bond I’ll develop with Sailor over the years. 

Cat is still with us but dad and I had a digger today so made use of it in expectation. Rock hard ground here. Kubota U10-5. Nice machine, strong and fast tracking, getting on and off like being a magician’s beautiful assistant on the sawn-in-half-in-a-box trick.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Reciprocity and solidarity. I’m OK though. I’m not badly affected by pet deaths. I was Meike’s number one person for eight years ish and I was basically pleased when she died. No more suffering. Remember the good and move on. Have wondered how close a bond I’ll develop with Sailor over the years. 

Cat is still with us but dad and I had a digger today so made use of it in expectation. Rock hard ground here. Kubota U10-5. Nice machine, strong and fast tracking, getting on and off like being a magician’s beautiful assistant on the sawn-in-half-in-a-box trick.  

This was the first one that i found hard, but then it was out of the blue/fine the day before. Having to explain it to my daughter and deal with an upset mrs was worse. Like you say, i was relieved when the barbituates went in and he was peaceful. 

39 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

I'm not a cat person really, i wanted a dog and the mrs wanted a cat, so the natural compromise was 2 cats. 

Can't stick a laughing emoji on that whole post obviously, but that's some funny stuff right there.

Condolences for the loss of your surrogate dog, it's always a kick in the teeth.

The brother of my pair, a well-meaning ginger idiot, has been licking himself shorn on his belly and between his hind legs, probably through stress. He looks like someone has given him a going over with my beard trimmer. And he came home a few days ago with a horrible gash on his face, leaking all sorts. It looked all right once Doctor Oscar had cleaned him up, but I'm worried he's being bullied by one of the bigger boys living nearby because, frankly, he's absolutely useless.

20240803_080049.thumb.jpg.4cbffc84819acee5863b6e66642e0d82.jpg

20240803_080929.thumb.jpg.27f77236aef57e9c02f95acd45de634f.jpg

Edited by peds

Last year I watched a herring gull stab, stalk, wait for a bit, and then slowly eat a rat.

Get a Seagull.  All you need is a bag of chips and you can capture it. Then the world is your oystercatcher. 

• Thanks 1