slow arbtalk

tommer9

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve, I am far from an expert in these things but do have a bit of an understanding of web traffic.

Could it be that at busy times there are 'x' number of requests to the site from browsing members or search bots. Is the processor getting overloaded by the number of requests. My experience is that I click to read a thread and the site stalls either trying to contact Arbtalk or mid loading a page. If I get frustrated and press the link again it usually goes fine and I get what I have asked for. Somewhere along the line the site or server seems unable to cope with the number of requests or just finding the address which could be an error on the DNS servers which points to the requested web page.

Either way hope you get to the bottom of it.

Does any one else get the page loading and then reloading continually, so I can't scroll down and read the page, I have to go back and try loading the page again.

Although too be honest my laptop is knackerd and I'm going to treat myself too a new one for Xmas.

Does any one else get the page loading and then reloading continually, so I can't scroll down and read the page, I have to go back and try loading the page again.

Although too be honest my laptop is knackerd and I'm going to treat myself too a new one for Xmas.

I had that to, getting a new laptop solved the problem though. :thumbup:

I click on General Tree Pics and it tells me that there is another page to read, when I click on the number of the page, it takes me back to the page I'm on. It then keeps re-loading that page over and over again. It only happens on that thread as well. Wierd!!