Have you got any logs left ??

Dave Martin

I still have loads.sadly Market in my area has become shockingly over saturated,Even the local greasy burger vendor has started selling logs.Who knows they may not be back next year.

All I know is the idiots have tried out bidding one another with prices,and it has Driven the prices so low I cannot compete it has ruined my sales this year,ruined being understatement ib has slaughtered my sales!

And left me a very cheesed off character

Bide your time mate. Once all the numpties have given away their stock and put themselves out of business, you will still be there with your logs. :thumbup1:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have loads.sadly Market in my area has become shockingly over saturated,Even the local greasy burger vendor has started selling logs.Who knows they may not be back next year.

All I know is the idiots have tried out bidding one another with prices,and it has Driven the prices so low I cannot compete it has ruined my sales this year,ruined being understatement ib has slaughtered my sales!

I am sorry to here this. But I would focus on the fact that winter has not started yet. When it does the tree surgeons with a drop of wood will run out quickly. The dole spongers are too lazy to have done much. The current cold snap is expected for 4 weeks. I am always dead quiet in November but manic in January which is why I run a 4x4 hilux tipper . We are processing ash as fast as we can get it in as most of our stock was sold before the end of August.

As above - there's still plenty of time left so just hang on in there until just pre Christmas and then after the New Year. My log sales have been steady but not awe inspiring so far but all the others will sell out soon....

stick it out big man, your time will come! - weve had a hell of alot of people selling, well i wont call it logs, wood round us and our sales had dropped off, but we stuck to our guns with our prices and did not drop even after loads of phone calls saying "we can get it cheaper from ...." i did not drop - and true to form have had three regulars come back who bought the so called cheap logs - first load was all twigs one said, second customer said was wet wood and another customer said all pallet wood with a few logs thrown on top - so hang on in there - as everyone says winter has just started

joy.

Had an email tonight from a neighbour we had been recommended. Wants 4 cu metres he made the offer of £100. Would loved to have seen his face when I quoted £360 tipped on the drive and by the way we have a special offer on kindling 3 for £10 if you have 12 bags that would round it off nicely to £400 cash. :lol:

Had an email tonight from a neighbour we had been recommended. Wants 4 cu metres he made the offer of £100. Would loved to have seen his face when I quoted £360 tipped on the drive and by the way we have a special offer on kindling 3 for £10 if you have 12 bags that would round it off nicely to £400 cash. :lol:

Nice one Steve:thumbup:

Bet hes one of those "who has a mate who can get loads of pallets and stuff" and is running a bit low so thought he would ask someone "who does wood"

Obviously got a taste of the real world:001_rolleyes: