A.Hippo full of concrete - any advice?

TimberCutterDartmoor

I was just about to say 'Concrete Saw' but you got there first. I've not used one either but a friend had one for cutting new doorways in an old building, says it was great. The one he hired was a lot smaller than above but made short work of old brickwork. I just hope nobody threw any re-bar into your tree before the muck went in .

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just about to say 'Concrete Saw' but you got there first. I've not used one either but a friend had one for cutting new doorways in an old building, says it was great. The one he hired was a lot smaller than above but made short work of old brickwork. I just hope nobody threw any re-bar into your tree before the muck went in .

Diamond blade might make short work of steel too? I'm surprised these things aren't used for break-ins. Just think how easy (if not very quiet) to cut your own doorway!!

For those concrete saws you need to plug a hose in and it'll cut wood like a chainsaw will cut concrete!

I had a big cedar to do like this - chiesled and blew, chieseled and blew and still wrote of 4 chains.... when you start breaking it up the little bits go everywhere.

In the end I had to split most of it with wedges.... :sneaky2:

I ve used one of those concrete chainsaws and they are heavy would not wanna be up a tree with one as said before will not cut wood very well blocks up the diamond grit i had a holm oak with concrete on one of my sites once tree surgeon just dropped it and cut it up on the ground left the butt with the cavity and we threw it in the skip with the telehandler good luck

Picus tomograpth should show where the concrete is, or at least where the cavity is. Try it at a few heights to show where the wood is clear of concrete.

If you can, a big Digger to pull the old stump out. Take the lump full of concrete out in one go.

Gona cost a bit that one.