greedy? would you be happy?

sloth

what the boss does with his money has nothing to do with it. You leave at night and come to work the next day and everything has magically been fixed, renewed and the magic job list fairy has given you some more work for you to go and do, the vehicles will be serviced, insured, fueled up as usual and everything seems very simple to an employee because it is for an employee.

Forget what your labourer earns, that's a diferent matter. Climbers can be pre madonnas and think it is all about them, they demand this and that and think the company will fall apart the second they are gone. A good labourer is priceless, they are a diferent breed. They don't moan or groan or feel hard done by, what needs lifting and where do you want it taken simples.

I like this post!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have to agree with what stephen blair wrote - very good post :thumbup1:

you also have to ask yourself what you would be doing if your boss said that he couldn't afford to keep you on - as good as you are - how easy will it be to find another secure job - in this current economic climate - and if you went self employed - would you actually earn as much over the long haul

by all means ask for a pay rise - but don't expect one will just miraculously materialise

£100 a day. It's a living wage for a father with a young family. After all the costs of kids and childcare, £100 isn't very much.

There is something to be said for having a job in this climate, but similarly, your employer should not be using the fact that you have a job as an excuse to subsidise an opulent lifestyle at your expense (nowt wrong with a bit of opulence, so long as it's shared around a bit!).

Yes Sloth, you are right you are being greedy. Or if you would prefer. Set up your own business, get finance to run it, dont see your family in daylight hours, work late every evening and weekends and never sleep solidly again. (Great being your own boss though!)

Brilliantly said Stephen. Too many people forget how much it costs to keep a business running both in monetary and mental stress. I can understand, however, if someone feels undervalued but from what I've seen on this forum, there is always someone else to take your place as an employee. I'm afraid, if you don't like it you have the choices; leave and set up on your own, leave and work for someone else, leave and start a new proffesion or just man up to your boss. If you're not prepared to do any of these then you have no cause for complaint. And belive me, what you earn is way better than what I earn running a business. My groundie earns more than I do but I don't complain I just get on with the next days work.

i think stevies post pretty much covers the whole subject. it really is none of any employers business what lifestyle the boss leads....we are all welcome to take on the stress of running our own business

fwiw, i was geting paid less that you were after 7 years of employment. i dont think its a particularly bad wage you're on to be fair.