timberwolf fuel problems?

Dean O

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is an old Hilux not with the new style Common Rail engine in it is not recommended to get petrol near the new style diesel engines. I only do this every six months or so it helps to clean the pipes and injectors out it seams to work better than redex, I tried that and it made no difference

I'd be inclined to agree that they do need bleeding although mine is an early one so much so it's an Entec still. My brother recently ran it out of diesel and to get her up and running again properly, although it did start and run, i had to bleed air out of the injectors and once that was done we were off and running again!!

Has anyone checked the AIR filter?

You might make your life easier for the future by fitting a drain plug to the fuel tank Quite easy to do.Parts available at your local Hydraulic hose centre, If they are any good! The advantage is you can flush the tank, or drain off water ( derv floats). All in situ!

If it were an air problem the engine would make excessive smoke. The fine on tickover and death at high revs is typical of fuel starvation.

If you have water in the tank and no drain plug you can syphon any water out. Do it in the morning (before you move the machine) while the fuel and water are still separate.

has it a metal or plastic tank?

If its metal, there can be problems with the paint coating on the inside flaking off.

we had the problem with the dual 'fuel + hyd oil' tank.

having failed to flush the flakes we bought a replacement tank. turns out it was nearly £1K! turns out that when we went to fit it, it was full of paint dust. how we laughed :-)

next time I would get one fabricated out of stainless at a boatyard!

I second this, our timber wolf is doing. The same. We have a huge box of pre filters that we use and change every week. If your in a pinch and the filter blocks take it off and use a pen

In its place untill a filter comes allong,(not recommended)