timberwolf fuel problems?

Dean O

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have a new clear in line filter ready to go on - the fuel line seems to go through another filter (looks like an oil filter) - where can i get one of these from (a local kubota dealer?) - does anyone one know a parts number?

Thanks

You need to change that filter also Dean, you will find that after changing the filters it will cure the problem.

Take the old filter to a fram dealer and they will cross reference it for you

I come across this regularly as I service a few peoples timberwolfs and they dont bring them in till there's a problem.

When you buy the filters, buy a few of each and change them regulary, at least every 100 hours and you should have any more problems provided your tank is clean.

There is a bleed screw on the injector pump if you follow the pipe up from the cartridge fuel filter you will see it. Turn on the ignition and let the electric pump do it's stuff

Edited by Dean Lofthouse

they can also run rough if there's a loose connection somewhere along the pipe and air is getting sucked in with the fuel.

I have the 125 timberwolf which has rubber fuel lines with a braided material on the surface,the rubber inner had broken down so it had cracks along it's length,very easy to replace with automotive hose.

If you dont get sorted with the other sugestions on here,its worth replacing,I got mine in a length for about ten quid,(no braid),from a decent garrage.

No sign of any leaks,but it sucked air.

New lines and it was job done.:001_smile:

After you drained the tank it, did you repace the fuel or just filter it? The reason for my question is, that if there is a small amount of petrol in with the red diesel it will missfire and run like a bag of nails. You only need a small amount of petrol to contaminate diesel. As already said, change both the fuel filters and also blow out the air filter. I take it the blades are razor sharp?

:confused1:

Petrol was often added too diesel, as an antifreeze.

Why would a little petrol cause poor running?????