130 or navarra....

tommer9

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brain would tell me to buy the 130 cause they hold their price better,navaras are comfy and better mpg but i heard somewhere that Nissan were rebuilding bottom ends outside of warranty,that would concern me a bit also the navara is a plastikey ,landeys a bit more hardcore,rumour down here is that wetern power are fazing out their landey fleet and replacing them with rangers due to reliability issues with their landeys.

Doont worry- Imerys tried that.....it lasted six months and they went back to Landrover.

Did you know you can fit the whole of a ranger diff inside a landrover diff....

Its nowt to do with reliability, its to do with costs. Rangers are very very cheap compared to land rover, and parts are more expensive too..

If you have to ask the question...a Land Rover product or a.n.other pick up?... you know the heart is saying Land Rover but the head is saying Nissan,etc!

I am currently trying to decide on a vehicle and after driving Land Rovers for 23 years have looked at a Ford Ranger - very nice,but disappointing seats compared to my Freelander and not really that big a pick up bed - but am now thinking Discovery TD5 Commercial.

Hilux. They don't give trouble.

They dont give it, they just are it. I had one of them.....useless towing capacity, totally unreliable electrics, ending in a fire under the seat one day, no carrying capacity (i bent the chassis in the end) AWFUL /non existant customer service, and the most hideously expensive rip off parts prices i have ever come across. And you cant get a haynes manual for them in the niorthern hemisphere. Toyota UK told me it was to protect their dealer franchise.....at£68/ hr +VAT!!!!!

So i went back to landrover.:001_smile: