130 or navarra....

tommer9

They dont give it, they just are it. I had one of them.....useless towing capacity, totally unreliable electrics, ending in a fire under the seat one day, no carrying capacity (i bent the chassis in the end) AWFUL /non existant customer service, and the most hideously expensive rip off parts prices i have ever come across. And you cant get a haynes manual for them in the niorthern hemisphere. Toyota UK told me it was to protect their dealer franchise.....at£68/ hr +VAT!!!!!

So i went back to landrover

I bent the chassis on my old hilux years ago while pulling out hedges :thumbdown: I also nearly snapped the chassis due to excessive load carrying . My Landie drives through hedges , Over hedges and still pulls them out nee botha . It is doing a sterling job day in day out . And chassis is way wider and thicker than the hilux . Mind you I did get hold of a haynes manual for the hilux although tis the american version :thumbup: Hilux was more comfortable and warmer in winter . But I love my 200tdi 110 tipper and she earns me the dollars all day every day :biggrin: So I look after her :lol:l

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefere the "attach nissan/toyota/mitshubishi here" sticker that goes on the rear towing point on the landrover :thumbup:

Nah- im with steve here- landies are crap.:lol:

I only started this as a joke thread.

In fact I think a mod should bin it fairly soon now....

If you have to ask the question...a Land Rover product or a.n.other pick up?... you know the heart is saying Land Rover but the head is saying Nissan,etc!

I am currently trying to decide on a vehicle and after driving Land Rovers for 23 years have looked at a Ford Ranger - very nice,but disappointing seats compared to my Freelander and not really that big a pick up bed - but am now thinking Discovery TD5 Commercial.

screw that,, discovery 3 commercial, :thumbup1:

as for western power brian,, saw two FL2's today from the boys in white,, they're going all surrey mummy on us,,,didn't see the driver,, he had a brown paper bag on his head,,

client went to move his 10plate ranger back up his gently sloping gravel driveway, didnt matter how gentle with revs/clutch he was, the wheels were spinning as he got slowly further away from where he wanted to be.. eventually he got a run up and made it before slamming the door in anger and watching as the landy did it backwards with a chipper in tow without any spin at all..

Defenders may get a regular slating but I challenge anyone to find a more versatile vehicle

I've had my landrover in the most inaccessible places where transit or mog won't go mainly due to width.

Over lawns and round the back of houses, down alley ways or through woodland with inches to spare.

There isn't another vehicle that is so versatile, otherwise I'd have one