some of my missfortunes!!...whats yours??

Sully

about five years ago i was dropping the top out of an african mahogany when the wind blew the wrong way smashed a fence panel and remodelled (already broken)neighbours washing line

easy fix on the fence but had to take the line home for a bit of welding

since then nothing damaged,except myself!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleaning up some palms over a large swimming pool in NZ and thought it would be easier to put the ladders in the pool with a scaffold board running between. Job went fine and cleaned everything, packed up and went to the next job. Two days later we got a phone call from client asking if we could come back and seal the holes created in the pool liner as there was no water left in the pool.

:blushing:

Had a lowering strop snap and drop a large piece of eucalyptus on to a corrugated iron water tank, it looked like an accordian all consertinad (spelling)

Edited by Treeson

Once towing a two tonne of logs to a nearby farm with a b**ch of drive down, the track was just mud with a righthand bend at the bottom, i never made the bend. The weight in the wet n mud pushed the landy straight through his drystone wall, and hit his backdoor!!

he has since never order'ed loads off us.

There are some cracking little tales on here.:laugh1:

But, I wonder how many of us have had to claim on the insurance, all the incidents seem quite minor and I doubt they would cost more than the excess the insurance companies require you to pay first.

Which leads me on to wonder why my PL costs me so much:confused1:

Well OK its not a huge amount of money but it is in relation to my truck and car insurance.Plus from what I hear they are going to make it difficult for people who are new to the game, which is quite possibly the worst thing they can do.:thumbdown:

Come on someone musta got there monies worth and had a big un.:biggrin:

Late '80s, 'private job' dismantling a large Horse Chestnut that short-sighted client had conveniently built a shed under. No problem, thought I, just drop timber into Electricity Board Sub-Station, there's plenty of room. Everything going fine until a log inexplicably got away from me, hit big green metal box thing and took out 3 roads, a school and a small industrial estate. It was like a bomb going off! Worse thing was client could not now boil the kettle!

high 5 graham:sneaky2::lol:

Wouldn't have been so bad but line was burnt out on a Friday afternoon and about 30 electricity vehicles and occupants turned up for the o/t and gas main gave way on a Sat morning and those guys were lovin it! I just wanted to wake up from a bad dream:001_smile: