some of my missfortunes!!...whats yours??

Sully

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A month ago I was doing skip truck work jumped into skip with one hand on side flinging legs over top, the skip was resting on the back of the truck and dropped about 6 inches which completely threw me out of sync. Mid flight gravity seemed to tractor beam me to the floor. I intercepted the side of the skip bashed left thigh which left a 10 x 4 inch beautiful dark purple bruise, which didn't hurt that much. But my left hand took the fall on the fingertips, which still isnt right.

Daft thing is I had previously thought of being careful as I knew skip was resting on the truck

have you ever been hand balling some timber over a roof, going to throw it clear of the roof and half way through the throw it gets snagged before you have let go. Its to late to abort the throw and with great frustration it hits the roof. Its happened twice I can remember, in 20yrs.

Not quite. Pushing a chog of poplar from a fair height out of a mewp flattened a fence below once. I was wearing nice warm winter gloves which caught on a tiny twig, as I tried to push hard and clear the fence it tore my glove and went straight down. :banghead:

have you ever been hand balling some timber over a roof, going to throw it clear of the roof and half way through the throw it gets snagged before you have let go. Its to late to abort the throw and with great frustration it hits the roof. Its happened twice I can remember, in 20yrs.

Managed always to grab it back, so far, but did drop a lump through a garage roof. Another climber dropped the top of his tree onto me(without warning) as I broke my step cut.

Sixteen and blagged it that I could drive a dumper so I could get the job.

Came to a corner and understeered and put the dumper through a brand new Citroen then panicked and oversteered and went across the other side of the road and ploughed into new Ford Granada....both were written off.

That is just brilliant!

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!