Logs..do you sell by weight, or volume

DN22 Gardening

I thought of all the options, but in the end, because i banked the cheque the day after i delivered the logs i will leave it as it is.

I supplied what i told him so i'm not refunding/discounting or whatever.

He is going to go elsewhere anyway now whatever i do.

My time is more valuable to me than spending it on someone who i will never hear from again.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My all time favourite was some old dear ringing and asking what I charged for a load of logs. £130, or £70 for a half load.

Without any questions about type of wood, weight, volume etc., she said -

"You are just trying to make yourself money, then". And hung up!

I wish I had kept her no., we could ring her now and then for advice on nipple clamps, anal sex, bestiality etc....:sneaky2:

Been thinking for a while now whether to bother with logs at all !!!!!!

Too much work, too much investment required, time, hassle etc

If i could wave a wand so every customer wanted the logs leaving on site...i would

We're due to start a nice little job the day after the bank holiday.

Clear a site for a new ASDA. Approx 70 odd ton of S/Birch, Ash, and Oak to get back to our yard and process.

Site rules state NO hgv access, so its all got to come back on transits !!!

So thats two men, two transits (one of which i'll have to hire) running the 45mins each way to and from my yard..

The ammount of times i've heard "You get your logs for free !!!!"

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

sorry

rant over

:lol:

Been thinking for a while now whether to bother with logs at all !!!!!!

Too much work, too much investment required, time, hassle etc

If i could wave a wand so every customer wanted the logs leaving on site...i would

We're due to start a nice little job the day after the bank holiday.

Clear a site for a new ASDA. Approx 70 odd ton of S/Birch, Ash, and Oak to get back to our yard and process.

Site rules state NO hgv access, so its all got to come back on transits !!!

So thats two men, two transits (one of which i'll have to hire) running the 45mins each way to and from my yard..

The ammount of times i've heard "You get your logs for free !!!!"

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

sorry

rant over

:lol:

Do they class a 7.5 as hgv. You could get 3.5tonne a time. If you found a local log man and he gave you £10 for every transit load he took away ? . I would be interested in something similar around here.

I aim to alienate between 3 to 5 customers each year selling logs..

Ok of course I don't aim to but this is usually the average number of people i get that aren't happy for whatever reason with their logs :sneaky2:.

It goes with the territory IMO - I offer a £20-00 part refund and a promise that they never contact me for any reason again.

You just will not keep everyone happy in this game! So don't try...

P.S I also hate old Tom who used to deliver a massive load for £10 and stack them all immaculately round the back as well as offering useful advice on virtually any subject you care to mention!

Do they class a 7.5 as hgv. You could get 3.5tonne a time. If you found a local log man and he gave you £10 for every transit load he took away ? . I would be interested in something similar around here.

hi steve, unfortunately, yes they do. Any vehicle over 3.5ton :thumbdown:

you say sell em at £10 a load. by the time we've ringed a load up and transported it £10 wouldn't covwer fuel, lol

one of the local "men who can get you anything" started buying em off me at £30 for a very full LDV load, ringed up to approx 10".

After the third load he didn't want any more

"Too much like bloody hard work" were his exact words..PMSL

hi steve, unfortunately, yes they do. Any vehicle over 3.5ton :thumbdown:

you say sell em at £10 a load. by the time we've ringed a load up and transported it £10 wouldn't covwer fuel, lol

one of the local "men who can get you anything" started buying em off me at £30 for a very full LDV load, ringed up to approx 10".

After the third load he didn't want any more

"Too much like bloody hard work" were his exact words..PMSL

No you ring it up and let them collect the rings from site at a £10, so your not having to transport it.

Ringed up to 10" I would be in heaven. We have a decent vertical splitter they would be a breeze. If you get any jobs this way give me a shout I would collect every thing you had within a 10 mile radius of Andover. Would need to be Beech ash, oak, sycamore or similar cant take willow, chestnut etc.

• 3 weeks later...

i would also be interested in any logs ringed between 10 and 18 inch anywhere in the north east even if i had to transport them to a waiting hgv a few miles away. Ive only ever had 1 stroppy customer who threatened me with everything from physical violence to phoning the police because he couldnt get his logs to burn. I invited him to bring some of his logs to my yard where i would have my unlit stove ready to prove they will not only light but burn well needless to say i had them roaring in no time at all he couldnt understand i asked if he had double glazing he said yeah the whole house is so well insulated we barely use anything. I said go home do what i did but open your window while you light it he phoned me later to appologise.