Tesco night shifts on £11p/h OR Climbing for £7-£9p/h

Brodie

But is it just me or does there seem to be getting more and more pointless threads.

Yep!! Really don't see the point in this.

If you're in this job for money only, you'll never get rich. the quote "The only way to make a small fortune from tree work, is to start with a large one" is only half joking. But if you love trees and genuinely enjoy this line of work,( I think Frank has summed it up best in his previous post) then there isn't even a choice IMO.:001_smile:

Good luck with the job hunting.:thumbup1:

Tom

Edited by Tommy_B
Read Frank's post!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My workmate is getting fed up being paid 56 quid a day (before tax!) being a groundy with 2 years experience. he's 27 yrs old, has mortgage, 2 yr old son etc etc to think about.

He said his brother in law works at a chicken factory for £10/hr , £15/hr overtime and saturdays, £30/hr sundays / bank holidays

If he doesn't get a pay rise soon he said he's applying!!

I must say these are prity hight rates for a supermarket they must be really having trouble getting people .

Littletree:thumbup:

A good mate of mine did it last summer, We got laid off at the same time, I managed to get some tree work fairly quickly, He didnt, He went to Tesco on nights to bring some money in until the tree work picked up. Some people will do what needs to be done to pay the bills, Others will moan and bitch and want the world on a plate :biggrin:

My workmate is getting fed up being paid 56 quid a day (before tax!) being a groundy with 2 years experience. he's 27 yrs old, has mortgage, 2 yr old son etc etc to think about.

He said his brother in law works at a chicken factory for £10/hr , £15/hr overtime and saturdays, £30/hr sundays / bank holidays

If he doesn't get a pay rise soon he said he's applying!!

before last month I was on 25 quid a day ( earnt to little to pay tax) yes im younger but have same amount of exp but I wouldnt change my job for anything I know ive got a carrer ahead of me and an enjoyable one at that. I sometimes forget that I am young and that there is plenty of things to learn plenty of people to work for and plenty of trees to climb sometimes I get fed up of my monney and then I have to slap myself and remeber all the people on here that are older and have childern morgates and things who cant find work.

Simple supply and demand, as long as those colleges chuck out hundreds of tree surgeons every year the rates will stay low. I get on average 5 calls a week from tree job hunters, I bet a local tesco store don't get the same ratio of calls in relation to their work force size.

I have seen less then 56. I worked with a chap on 50 pd and have heard about another lad getting 40 . I personaly feel these rates are to low .

If I was ever to employee anyone I would never expect anyone to work for me for those rates as I would want to pay the person working for me a fair days pay for a fair days work that way I can expect the person to give me 100 effot in return for a fair days pay .

Littletree.:thumbup: