Tesco night shifts on £11p/h OR Climbing for £7-£9p/h

Brodie

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, alright so I make more than £9 per hour but if the situation were different I would still climb and do trees for minimum wage because of my true love for the great outdoors, the freezing winter chill, the sun browning my neck in summer, the smell of two stroke or freshly cut oak, the feeling I get looking down over a city from 80ft up a tree, the sound of the hinge cracking off a heavy back leaner that is now falling in the opposite direction, the pleasure I get when brushing off my grubby hands and parking my ass on a fresh pile of woodchip to eat my buttys. It all adds up to more than money.

Its what im aiming for!

IT was good doing marquees and standing on the ridge looking about, but i can imagine this to be far better!

Ben

What is the point in this thread, I love arbtalk and think it is a great site and have learnt loads from it. But is it just me or does there seem to be getting more and more pointless threads.

Yeah its just you steve.:001_tt2:

im on £6.86 an hour, thats 55 a day before tax, and i could NEVER work in a place like tescos, my love of the outdoors and the fresh air is too strong, i love treework and the sawchips are definately in my blood, everyone i work with seems to cope pretty well on treework wages, they have nice flats, not short of money, all have cars.

im on £6.86 an hour, thats 55 a day before tax, and i could NEVER work in a place like tescos, my love of the outdoors and the fresh air is too strong, i love treework and the sawchips are definately in my blood, everyone i work with seems to cope pretty well on treework wages, they have nice flats, not short of money, all have cars.

Yeah. It's called budgeting. Lol

and you guys live in London where it's a higher cost of living aswell.

I dont see this as a poimtless thread....Brodie isnt asking us how much we earn, or what sawpants to buy, or what the answer to his dissertation should be. He seems to be an experienced guy who wants to earn a semi decent wage.

Brodie, I think that if you do have the skills and experience you mention in your other thread, then you have been getting far too little mate. I pay my groundie 10/hour, and subby climber minimum of 120 a day, but they both work very hard and efficiently, so i think they are worth it.

I cannpot help you at the mo Brodie, but i hope that someone who is less sarcastic than some have been may find you work, or if not that something comes your way mate.