Arb Talk Calender 2011

sean

Would you be interested in purchasing an Arb talk calender 2011?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in purchasing an Arb talk calender 2011?

• yes
    • no
    • possibly

Sorry, let me clarify. By ladies only I meant for the ladies only. I.e harneses and ropes covering up the important mens particulars. Muscles on display etc.

Ah, sorry Frank, thought you were suggesting something else for a minute there! Phew! :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a great idea. I would definately buy one I think.

How about a mixture of allthe suggested themes? Women in harnesses up the tree of the month infected by a decay fungi with a guy with an 880 48" bar cutting up some 12" logs?

I think that appeals to a few audiences? Plus it would be entertaining!

i think a calendar featuring nice/ interesting pictures of trees would appeal to more people, (arbs and non arbs), therefore making more money for the charity. it would also be easier to get sponsorship with a more mainstream idea.

i think the original idea of a (british native) tree for each month + facts/ mythology/ uses etc is spot on.

Ditto,I think you would have a broader market,I would have a few for regular clients.:thumbup1:

Plenty of companies send out promotional calendars so how about a calendar with client focused tree care information that could be personalised by contractors?

They would sell in numbers to contractors who could then send them out to clients.

A discrete “arbtalk” tag line letting people know that the calendar sales support the children’s trust wouldn’t be a bad thing, shows the contractors social conscience if nothing else.

Andy.

Great idea Sean - I'd agree with the idea of making it very much tree related though, it's not as if there's a shortage of page 3 girl / sweaty builders style calenders (depending on what floats your boat!) available if someone really wanted one. At least a tree themed one would be a) different and b) utterly suitable for everyone on here's customer base.

Good luck however it pans out.

Yeah I actually think the sexy calender isn't the best route.

However, just tree and fungi related will be like any other nature / national geographic calender available.

I think that there is some fantastic, dramatic looking working photos already on this site that focus on the skill and proffesional side of our job. We are Arborists and this is an Arborists site and the calender will be aimed at Arborists or clients of Arborists. Let's promote pro tree care. I'm sure we could get the calender on the counter of every chainsaw / Arb dealership in the country without any hassle.

I'd want at least 2. (workshop and home)