200t

RC0

I thought the problem was the piston was wearing the carb body as well as failing itself so it was a new carb not just the piston to get a complete repair.

Not from what I have been told. Can't see the piston getttin any place near the carb bod iom..

I hear it somthing to do with the fuel injection mec that has been modified that causes the prob.

I have no great writeing comunication skills so I apolagise for that but I asure you from what I have seen/done & told the £10 bit works in imo. Fuel pump chrome where out an all that...

Sry I should have said pump piston, I dont mean the piston in the cylinder,this bit[ATTACH]31794[/ATTACH]

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pins and needles in the thumb, index finger, middle finger and one side of the ring finger is typically caused by "carpal tunnel syndrome", see Medinfo: Carpal tunnel syndrome

There are several treatments, one of which is a minor operation that severs a ligament in the base of the palm. I had that operation done a week ago (see picture), and it gave me instant relief!

Only down side is that I've been told not to climb or operate a chainsaw for 6 weeks (I guess I'll follow that advise about 50% :001_tt2:).

Good to hear the op worked:thumbup1:

Yeah heard about that on here, looks like quite a few people get it unfortunately :thumbdown:

I used to get aching fingers and hands when I first started this job, had it for quite a couple of years IIRC.

Mines the other bit the little finger and half of ring finger so hopefully not CTS!

Thanks for all the input/replies.

I started on the original 020....with the cast body. When the 020T came out it was light weight and balanced etc but totally lacking in cutting speed compared to the original....plenty of high revs but soon slowed down when you hit dense wood, kinda like the 084 v 090.

One of the selling points of the 020t at the time was that the bar was designed to lift when you hit the revs....for one handling, why else. At the time you could also remove the spark arrestor on those particular mufflers, which made a big difference to the output.

My first 335 was a terrific cutter, for a while at least....and I preferred the fact that it was nose-heavy....more accurate finishing cuts and used to hit the target first time when I was at full stretch. However, carb problems were on the horizon and as MattyF pointed out, that spark plug cover was and still is a woeful design.

I think I might give the 338 a go regardless, I’ll let you know how it works out.

Go here About Peetone, Peter noble and Tony bailey Peter Noble will send you a replacement carb kit, a proper carb that can be tuned correctly, not these quarter turn jobs, cost around £70 works every time, one tip is to fit a new air filter or wash the old one in very hot detergent to remove the oil residue that can reduce airflow :thumbup:

Timely thread .Fact is as I type I have two threads going on two different sites of what the problem is as well as one carb in shipment to Stihl in Virginia Beach for them to examine .

Here's the deal,the older carbs develop leaks around the triangular shaped welch plugs in the metering chamber .The newer ones which are cast solid with no plugs develop cracks in them for some reason .

I repaired one of each style within the last two days using Loc-tite 271 .They seem to be working so far . Both my 200 Ts ,one stock ,one souped up seem to operate just fine .

Now I'm not saying this is the magic cure all but it could serve to keep a saw runnng until a better carb is located for a proper repair .

Interesting stuff thanks.:thumbup1:

Thanks for all the input/replies.

I started on the original 020....with the cast body. When the 020T came out it was light weight and balanced etc but totally lacking in cutting speed compared to the original....plenty of high revs but soon slowed down when you hit dense wood, kinda like the 084 v 090.

One of the selling points of the 020t at the time was that the bar was designed to lift when you hit the revs....for one handling, why else. At the time you could also remove the spark arrestor on those particular mufflers, which made a big difference to the output.

My first 335 was a terrific cutter, for a while at least....and I preferred the fact that it was nose-heavy....more accurate finishing cuts and used to hit the target first time when I was at full stretch. However, carb problems were on the horizon and as MattyF pointed out, that spark plug cover was and still is a woeful design.

I think I might give the 338 a go regardless, I’ll let you know how it works out.

Go for it Reg, but don't burn holes in your top!:sneaky2:

Saws are like women. Some good, some bad.

And that's all I got to say about that.