Writing professional emails, help if possible

Donnie

Hi, commercial cutter from Scotland here. Doing work for one big management company and I am looking to get onto more companies as a contractor. 

Struggling to write a flowing professional email that doesn’t sound like I have written it in primary school if anyone’s keen to help, could you drop me a PM it’d be much appreciated. 

Hi Donnie

If you know exactly what you want to say, but simply need a better way to say it, you may want to consider using AI as a helpful companion. I sometimes struggle keepng things professional and concise, so I slam my paragraph into ChatGPT and ask it to rephrase it for me. I sometimes need to tweak it a bit, but it usually spits out something that is exactly what I want to convay, in a far more succinct form. 

Example

I typed this into ChatGPT: "rephrase this please: I want to help my mate Donnie write emails that sound fancy and professional in order for him to win contracts and such. I wonder if ChatGPT can rephrase this paragraph to sound any better than what it does?"

ChatGPT created this: "I would like to assist my friend Donnie in crafting emails that are polished and professional, enhancing his chances of securing contracts. I wonder if ChatGPT can improve this paragraph's phrasing."

Like I said, you do have to know exactly what you mean to ensure ChatGPT provides the right thing, and you may need to tweak it here and there, but it's well helpful I find. Hope that's of use. 

Matthew

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Perhaps and without giving away too much personal details, have a go at a few lines or paragraphs and post them here - see what we can suggest - it might help others in the future as well?

Perhaps an outline would help to make things up:

Introduction - who you are, why you are writing

What you are looking for

Your skills / qualifications / location / ability to travel (the hard sell)

Thanks for reading so far, ask if possible to follow up by calling them

Note though, it has been a few years since I was last looking for a job, the above is just a starter

Personally speaking, different industry but phone and speak with someone first then send them a simple email that's direct and to the point.

Like everything, how many unsolicited emails do we all delete without even opening.

Chat gpt is quite good for setting up structures and getting ideas but be aware how crap it sounds. Anyone whose spent any time with AI will be able to spot AI written content at a 1000 yards. 

If someone sent me AI content they'd be put to the bottom of the pile.

• Like 4

Don't try to sound clever, posh, corporate etc. It'll have the opposite effect. Just keep it real and short. And yeah, AI is the preserve of bullshitters, like shop staff who read the label when you ask them something.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Why are you all hating AI you bastardguys?

I much money for your corporation I for you can make.

Thank you please and have a lovely day and night!

Strong the force in this one is ......

Edited by Stubby
  • Haha 1