Hi all

I have just collected a load (2 estate car full) of holly Logs.

This was cut this week.

I was going to cut and split it for firewood, but was told that woodturners love it.

So I thought I would post it on here to see if anyone would be interested in buying it off me

there are 16 logs with the diameter ranging from 15-20cm length 1-1.3m and 6 logs diameter approx 30cm length approx 50cm.

Not really interested in selling individual logs .

Based in ME18 in kent.

If there is any interest please post.

Thanks

The difficulty is that woodturners are amongst most titest of all kind of people ever born. You would have more chance of winning the eurolottery double rollover than getting a woodturner to part with cash for wood!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Some turners like it, some pass on it because it's 'plain'.

It's an awkward timber to work with because firstly it discolours rapidly and secondly it splits for fun.

But if treated carefully it spalts well and then it's more appealing.

Overall though I've learned to go with @Mike Dempsey who, btw, breaks the mould; but then he's a professional, not a hobbyist.

Suspect that to make a profit from them you will have to add value - for wood turners perhaps season / part season and cut to shape for blanks? For the artisty types perhaps cut them all to a uniform size and length.

Stash them until Christmas, drill a few wide holes, stick a few tea lights in then, sell for a tenner each at whatever little shed market you've nearby. Add sprigs of Holly leaf and a berry or two and charge fifteen.