Jokes???

brownie1964

10 minutes ago, pleasant said:

Sadly the only one ☹️

Don't think I have any but, I am 70 and my memory is failing 🙂 Oh wait . just thought of one . Back in the day I went on a Track day/coaching thing at Donnington . We used Ron Haslems Fireblades . They were fitted with telemetry . I was slow obviously , compared to Ron but .... wait for,  it Unbeknown to me ( until telemetry was looked at ) I was quicker than him into Red Gate and out of it ( the first corner from the start , a late apex before Cranner curvs )  and I am keeping that ! 😁

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Jonny Kwango’s mum was a resident at my mate’s mums old peoples home.

lovely bloke, used to allow two 11 year olds (me and my mate) to take him on in a wrestling match.

He didn’t break a drop of sweat fending us off and throwing us away!

Thats a keeper ! 🙂

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Jonny Kwango’s mum was a resident at my mate’s mums old peoples home.

lovely bloke, used to allow two 11 year olds (me and my mate) to take him on in a wrestling match.

He didn’t break a drop of sweat fending us off and throwing us away!

Hmmm....be careful around male celebrities in the 70s at 11 years old. 🤥

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

Don't think I have any but, I am 70 and my memory is failing 🙂 Oh wait . just thought of one . Back in the day I went on a Track day/coaching thing at Donnington . We used Ron Haslems Fireblades . They were fitted with telemetry . I was slow obviously , compared to Ron but .... wait for,  it Unbeknown to me ( until telemetry was looked at ) I was quicker than him into Red Gate and out of it ( the first corner from the start , a late apex before Cranner curvs )  and I am keeping that ! 😁

Saw Rocket Ron racing in a British GP at Donnington, led on the first lap and lost laps through the race.☹️

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Saw Rocket Ron racing in a British GP at Donnington, led on the first lap and lost laps through the race.☹️

Remember going to the Transatlantic at brands and walking around the old pits behind the stands. There was Ron with his leathers at half mast tied around his waist with his bare chest out leaning over his bike tank saying to his pit crew they would have to dent the top of his tank in so his gut would fit in it! This is back in the late 70s early 80's with Randy Mamola, Barry Sheene, Mick Grant, Kenny Roberts, Agostini etc

Edited by pleasant
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, pleasant said:

Remember going to the Transatlantic at brands and walking around the old pits behind the stands. There was Ron with his leathers at half mast tied around his waist with his bare chest out leaning over his bike tank saying to his pit crew they would have to dent the top of his tank in so his gut would fit in it! This is back in the late 70s early 80's with Randy Mamola, Barry Sheene, Mick Grant, Kenny Roberts, Agostini etc

Yea . The Transatlantic trophy serried were great . Went to a few of those . 

We were at Oulton Park when the Transatlantic was on (every Easter IIRC) my socially awkward mate just walks straight up to Barry Sheene and says "Alright Bazza".

Though back in those days these superstars just walked around like ordinary folk tbh. Which they are when it comes down to it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Peasgood said:

We were at Oulton Park when the Transatlantic was on (every Easter IIRC) my socially awkward mate just walks straight up to Barry Sheene and says "Alright Bazza".

Though back in those days these superstars just walked around like ordinary folk tbh. Which they are when it comes down to it.

I remember hearing John McGuinness saying he was just a " brikie" that could ride a bike .

• Like 2