Are we heading into WWIII?

Mesterh

On Twitter the Russians are very bullish.

Trying to paint this as them against everyone, they took particular umbrage at German tanks being used the the Ukrainian forces.

Using that to link this conflict (historically speaking) to WW11, painting themselves as fighting fascism etc.

They’re deep in denial, no telling what they might do.

Imho they’re hanging in for a Trump victory.

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

On Twitter the Russians are very bullish.

Trying to paint this as them against everyone, they took particular umbrage at German tanks being used the the Ukrainian forces.

Using that to link this conflict (historically speaking) to WW11, painting themselves as fighting fascism etc.

They’re deep in denial, no telling what they might do.

Imho they’re hanging in for a Trump victory.

I’d love to know what trumps master plan is for ending this in a day 

1 hour ago, topchippyles said:

Let's be perfectly honest if the Russians can't beat a country like Ukraine who are tiny compared to the Russians what chances would they have against NATO. Nuclear is absurd only a madman would go there.

Putin isn't far off being a madman, and Trump is there already.

• Like 2

Probably that Trump wouldn't hesitate to speak directly to Putin and say in uncertain terms stop or else.

Uncle Joe showed how useless he was with the debacle of Afghanistan, that's hardly a poster for being the world's policeman.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GarethM said:

I feel like firing up the Xbox for a game of COD, I'm somewhat scared if I show my skills it'll pop up with a warning to report for duty at the local TA.

There was a movie back in the 80's along those lines. Space invader slot machines looking for the highest scorer. Dunno what it was called like.

Trumps big plan imo, is to pull out of NATO and stop all funding to Ukraine. Putin nukes a remote part of Ukraine, NATO shts their pants and Ukraine surrenders. Probably over within an hour nevermind 24. I doubt that he is going to threaten Putin into giving up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have an old friend in Russia. We don't speak much these days but he fairly recently got back in touch over the Ukraine war. Basically he had swallowed absolutely everything that Putin and his propaganda machine had put out. Russia was the innocent party as far as he was concerned and Putin the good guy.

I didn't argue with him one bit, all I said was that he was an intelligent guy and he really shouldn't believe everything he was told. I think he must have gone away and thought about it because after some time he got back in touch to say I was probably right.

I also say we shouldn't believe all we are told either, the truth is maybe somewhere in the middle.

I will also say from what a few Russians have told me their army is mostly conscripts, none want to be there, training is terrible, equipment is terrible, conditions are terrible as in no food, no first aid etc and the one thing going for that army is there are a lot of them. 

I do think we need to be careful we aren't heading into WW3, a lot of signs are there worldwide that we may be doing just that. Idiots.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

I’d love to know what trumps master plan is for ending this in a day 

I think he’ll just wash his hands of it, withdraw funding, leave Ukraine with no option but to accept terms with the loss of territory.

Russia claims a win, Ukraine joins NATO.

Onto the next one.

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I think he’ll just wash his hands of it, withdraw funding, leave Ukraine with no option but to accept terms with the loss of territory.

Russia claims a win, Ukraine joins NATO.

Onto the next one.

If Ukraine is accepted into NATO I think Putin will claim that as a loss no matter how much territory he has gained . Ukraine and US intelligence have intercepted phone calls from Russian soldiers at the front . Basically saying to their loved ones that they don't want to be there and Putin has abandoned them . They say its " meat grinder " tactics and quite a few have taken up the Ukraine offer of surrender .  

7 minutes ago, Stubby said:

If Ukraine is accepted into NATO I think Putin will claim that as a loss no matter how much territory he has gained . Ukraine and US intelligence have intercepted phone calls from Russian soldiers at the front . Basically saying to their loved ones that they don't want to be there and Putin has abandoned them . They say its " meat grinder " tactics and quite a few have taken up the Ukraine offer of surrender .  

We hear that side to it for sure.

But Russia has lots of men and control over the narrative internally.

It’s a war of attrition now, as you said, there’s no movement in the lines.

Glad I’m not there!

• Like 1