Vintage Axes and Garden Equipment

spudulike

3 hours ago, lux said:

One of my crosspein forging hammers.  Same as the one in the pic it’s round in profile for spreading metal.  C2B1BD53-13C3-450D-A516-1ABBB86662CD.thumb.jpeg.4f478c71cbd35736972dfc83aefdb520.jpeg

that looks very similar, as the blade end is not sharp there might be a bit of weare on mine but not to the extent of a rounded blade 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, JonnoR said:

I folks,

I have some lovely double bit US axe heads, but struggle to find hickory handles for them.  Any UK/EU source you know of?  Thanks in advance!

Jonno

71D51904-2BDF-4059-B152-5FE85F80836F.thumb.jpeg.db111b14d8d2103bc5250bee9465c6af.jpeg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JonnoR said:

I folks,

I have some lovely double bit US axe heads, but struggle to find hickory handles for them.  Any UK/EU source you know of?  Thanks in advance!

Jonno

woodsmith.co.uk stock various makes and sizes of hickory axe handles - sound company to deal with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vedhoggar said:

woodsmith.co.uk stock various makes and sizes of hickory axe handles - sound company to deal with.

They're great yeah, but sadly they didn't have anything to suit my deep axe heads.  The search continues, and thanks for the replies gents!

• Like 1

Grube.eu stock replacement handles for double headed axes (Item No 21-519 90cm €49.90 plus shipping surcharge to UK) I've bought stuff from their shop in Germany as well as had items sent out to UK - sound firm and found them to be very helpful in the past. Also Chrisforestry.co.uk sell a double bit axe with hickory handle so they might be able to supply replacement handles. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Vedhoggar said:

Grube.eu stock replacement handles for double headed axes (Item No 21-519 90cm €49.90 plus shipping surcharge to UK) I've bought stuff from their shop in Germany as well as had items sent out to UK - sound firm and found them to be very helpful in the past. Also Chrisforestry.co.uk sell a double bit axe with hickory handle so they might be able to supply replacement handles. 

Thanks!  I'll check them out and post pics once I get these axes ready for hanging!