Vintage Axes and Garden Equipment

spudulike

45 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Some of those hand painted tiles are both valuable and very collectable...in case you didn't know. 

Yup. Got some botanical ones which are nice...

These are hand transfer ones . Got quite a few different ones like this I'm currently working out a table top with....

Lots of others in the shed . Mostly flowers etc.

DSC_0528_074153.JPG

Edited by Botty Cough
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, spudulike said:

They may be worth £30- 40 each tile if they have a manufacturer on them - seen them on bargain hunt and can go for a decent sum.

I am no expert but worth looking and learning before you make your table.

I like them so will keep them and use them thanks.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Stere said:

Can a mushroomed poll be  peened back in shape abit rather than just remove it all with a grinder?

Or heated up and done I suppose....

I did consider giving it to my farrier.

Depends how much heat is required I guess. Obviously dipping it after makes it stronger.

Being older the metal should be a better quality but I'm kind of thinking leave it as is ,. 

It's been well used and I kind of like that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steven P said:

older axe should re-shape OK

Yeah it probably will but like I said might leave it with it's brutality.,... It's happy enough by the feel of it.

No serious murders or bludgeoned bones seem to have been achieved...😁

• Like 1

Probably easier just to grind and file the mushrooming back to sort it unless you want that look.

I think your spell check kicked in...It is Brades Co not "Braces"....a decent manufacturer.

The wedge - take a 3mm drill and drill the wedge out bit by bit. You may get lucky and be able to lever it out. There may be a metal wedge in there, nails, screws etc but if you are lucky, once the wedge is removed, the handle will knock off there the slot can be cleaned, a new wedge cut and planed to size then fitted.

As I said, use some PVA wood glue to get a good bond and knock the wedge in good and hard then cut it to size.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1