Belgian Malinois

eggsarascal

Anyone after a new pup, seven bitches, one dog, all KC registered, fully vaccinated, and ready to go, £1000 each, mother and farther can be seen. I’m not trying to hide anything, if I can sell three I’ll get my own pup free. There might be some movement on price, but not a lot.

1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

Anyone after a new pup, seven bitches, one dog, all KC registered, fully vaccinated, and ready to go, £1000 each, mother and farther can be seen. I’m not trying to hide anything, if I can sell three I’ll get my own pup free. There might be some movement on price, but not a lot.

Farther*

I have a Dutch Herder x Mal, lovely dogs but not for the faint hearted or the inexperienced. I don’t know about Eggs experience of dogs, but for the breeder to be trying to get others to sell them is pretty irresponsible. Id want to be checking the suitability of each potential dog owner and a reputable breeder should have a waiting list as long as their arm!

Many police forces won’t use them, mostly because they don’t have handlers with the experience to work them.

what do they use their dogs for, security or sport?

• Like 2

They are a lot of dog.  A dog that needs a job.  

A friend has one for home and family protection.  I followed their training from the kennels on Instagram.

A lot of time and effort needed to tame a Maligator.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arborist said:

I have a Dutch Herder x Mal, lovely dogs but not for the faint hearted or the inexperienced. I don’t know about Eggs experience of dogs, but for the breeder to be trying to get others to sell them is pretty irresponsible. Id want to be checking the suitability of each potential dog owner and a reputable breeder should have a waiting list as long as their arm!

Many police forces won’t use them, mostly because they don’t have handlers with the experience to work them.

what do they use their dogs for, security or sport?

I thought Egger was a spaniel man at heart . Also a lot of time and effort needed 😀

Is it from the same home that had 8 Australian shepherds for sale back in November, or is this a different friend of yours with questionable involvement in dogs?

Without hearing more details, my gut feeling tells me that none of you should have dogs.

Try guinea pigs instead. Delicious. 

Edited by peds
  • Like 1

I have a friend in Sweden who has two, she has had the breed for quite a few years. They take a hell of a lot of effort and need a working role to keep them happy, she has them out pulling sleds in between forestry work. 
There was a vid doing the rounds on FB a while back comparing GS and BS police dogs. The padded suit wearing guy was in the corner of a seated auditorium, the GS weaved through the aisles to launch an attack, the BS vaulted the chairs in a straight line to attack in a fraction of the time, proper agile.

3 hours ago, Arborist said:

Do you know which Forces?  The Met does.  I have a friend who was a handler for them and he had a Mali for its working life that did everything a Police dog should do, especially eating bad guys.  A major flaw was that it couldn't keep its eyes off wildlife;  it could be on a track, see a squirrel and it was a case of 'bugger this Police work - I'm having that rat'.  He once went off for a couple of hours from an off duty walk after chasing a deer.  He was eventually traced by his 'I've got this one cornered' bark:  he did indeed have a stag cornered in a back garden.  The stag stood stock still.  For a long time.  Never moved a muscle.  Not surprising really as he was made of bronze!

At home the dog was the soppiest idiot going; used to go berserk with joy when I turned up, always finishing up on his back on the floor in front of me

• Haha 5