Over worked and under payed

Cain

23 hours ago, JDon said:

I cut in forestry and my take home wage isn't very good after expenses. 1100 top line for local work per week minus expenses etc. Self employed. 

Not sure what the going rate is for a self employed grounds man, been thinking a while about going and doing that for a bit if the money was OK as would be nice to do something easier

Your accountant should get you paying next to nothing it tax if he is any good  on that take home . .

• Like 5

I am based in Edinburgh rates are between £180 to £220 a day. How can you make a living wage and supply saws climbing kit update tickets run a van on peanuts?? The jobs dangerous and hard on the body. Don’t we deserve to be making more considering the out lay for all the above and not to mention high risk of injury means no work no money. Ironically I can do one job a week pay a Groundy between £180 and £250 and make more money than I can subing for a week. Just seems ridiculous. And yes I do pay this to Groundy or second climber sometimes more depending on what’s involved and against the job. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cain said:

I am based in Edinburgh rates are between £180 to £220 a day. How can you make a living wage and supply saws climbing kit update tickets run a van on peanuts?? The jobs dangerous and hard on the body. Don’t we deserve to be making more considering the out lay for all the above and not to mention high risk of injury means no work no money. Ironically I can do one job a week pay a Groundy between £180 and £250 and make more money than I can subing for a week. Just seems ridiculous. And yes I do pay this to Groundy or second climber sometimes more depending on what’s involved and against the job. 

Get. Your. Own. Work.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
Talk about answering your own question!
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

Done that for years trying to wynd down a bit but still work bloody hard so no shortage of people that want me just the rates are crap but thanks for your detailed input on the subject. 

10 minutes ago, Cain said:

If you average £200 a day subbing but can earn £1000 a day doing your own job then it’s a no brainier. £1000 a day for a tree job for you and a groundy/ 2nd man seems pop star wages. No way can I price at that rate with vehicle, trailer, tracked chipper and mini loader. If those were my day rates I’d get no work. Aren’t there many tree teams in Edinburgh?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cain said:

Done that for years trying to wynd down a bit but still work bloody hard so no shortage of people that want me just the rates are crap but thanks for your detailed input on the subject. 

You’re not making any sense.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Excels1or said:

This makes no sense

I wouldn't say I'm 700 in expenses every week but every month or every week there's one extra expense etc and it all adds up. I do drive a hell of a lot of miles as well and forest roads etc

• Like 2