MJD

MJD

1 hour ago, JLA1990 said:

Did an awful lot of fencing in London, as has been advised not a great deal to it and the main hassle will be dealing with opposing property’s plants/trees/garden ornaments. I’m presuming you mean domestic fencing opposed to commercial?
As Mick has said make sure your guys don’t mind digging holes and lugging postcrete and using a handheld breaker (a lot) as if they’re in the tree game can’t imagine that would be attractive. I travelled all over and my prices varied depending on finish but was really good money in it especially if you get in with property management companies.  

Waste isn’t a problem just subby a tipper lorry and a man don’t mess around with that, and get materials delivered to the property. 

1 hour ago, JLA1990 said:

Did an awful lot of fencing in London, as has been advised not a great deal to it and the main hassle will be dealing with opposing property’s plants/trees/garden ornaments. I’m presuming you mean domestic fencing opposed to commercial?
As Mick has said make sure your guys don’t mind digging holes and lugging postcrete and using a handheld breaker (a lot) as if they’re in the tree game can’t imagine that would be attractive. I travelled all over and my prices varied depending on finish but was really good money in it especially if you get in with property management companies.  

Waste isn’t a problem just subby a tipper lorry and a man don’t mess around with that, and get materials delivered to the property. 

Yes domestic fencing. The climbing arborists definitely won’t fancy digging! Would need a different team. 
Thanks for the info. 

1 minute ago, MJD said:

Yes domestic fencing. The climbing arborists definitely won’t fancy digging! Would need a different team. 
Thanks for the info. 

No problem, I know a couple of guys who work all over London fencing if you ever need a company to take on a job (all types of fencing)

if your going to be doing featheredge get a air nailer that takes the coils of stainless steel nails. faster, cheaper and lighter than a paslode.

We run ours off a battery dewalt flexvolt compressor. Also have the dewalt cordless auger, great bit of kit.

Skip the merchants and find a sawmill, much cheaper. if you have a yard get pallets of it.

22 hours ago, daveatdave said:

also be aware that some fencing panels can be metric and others imperial which can make a big difference if you are just replacing a few panels.  

We once put up posts and 6ft gravel boards for a client to fit his own deluxe panels later. Turns out the deluxe panels were 1.8m wide, not 6ft! Client had to fit a piece of roof lath at each end of each panel. 

On 07/01/2024 at 17:56, doobin said:

Not to piss on everything you said…. But… He’s in North London so I don’t think stock fencing will be very much in demand!

And an auger is a major no-no in urban areas, especially London. Way too much risk of damaging services and half the time he will be wanting to put a hole in against a kerb or something anyway. 

Cheap concrete breakers- Titan Will give you RSI very quickly. Spend more and get the Erbauer. You also can’t use them very far down a hole, so then you’re into the realm of sds-max breakers and extended bits. 

I don’t rate nail guns. Impact drivers and screws are just as quick and easily removed if need be- and let’s be honest, he will be wanting to make adjustments as he learns!

Funnily enough I used a mates Titan breaker today to gun the sides off some existing concrete plugs so I could fit a couple of concrete replacement spurs.

I was very impressed with it.

Vibes aren’t great, but it would be fine for jobs like this.

Depth wise I went about 2’6” in a spade’s width hole, so not too bad.

IMG_9074.jpeg

IMG_9073.jpeg