New spikes time soon .... bashlin twisted?

swinny

Evening all, it may well be new spikes time soon. 

I've used bashlin steel spikes for years,  velcro upper and leather lower. Anyhow the pads are splitting etc. Had a look online and looking near enough 200 quid for new pads :0

I do like these bashlins the main point being, I use short gaffs and on these the bottom of the gaff is near enough level with the base of your foot. 

A couple of years back I treat myself to new diesel geko alloy...... problem being that short gaffs were like 1 1/2-2" up from your bloody base of your foot.... felt really weird and not for me. 

I was wondering if the twisted bashlins are an improvement on the straights? And what do they actually do? Twist to your knee or what?

And before I dive in, is there any other spikes to look at consideringni want the short gaff near enough level with base of my foot!

Cheers

9 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

Look at how much new spikes are too, I've been surprised how much they shot up. £200 on pads might be good value if they're comfortable.

Ohh I have 😂  horrendous they are. Think these spikes were 200 quid ish new 😂 

Now they are 4-600 quid. 

I'd only change mine due to being non replaceable gaff I think they are.  Just wondered if twisted are more comfortable

I have used the Bashlin steel twisted shank spikes for a few years now with velcro padded plus standard 41mm gaffs and find them comfortable, previously had straight shank spikes which I didn't find comfortable. The Bashlin twisted shank spikes I find are a good fit and don't rub my ankle and very secure with velcro pad. However, like most things it will be down to personal preference but I do prefer them myself. Price when I last looked £450 plus vat. They came with a spare set of bottom straps which I have not yet needed. The gaffs screw in so can be replaced if need be.

• Like 1