Silver birch over prune?? Please Help

laura9988

Question

3 hours ago, laura9988 said:

Hi, 

My first post. 

Having our silver birch pruned today and we think that he has massively over pruned 

Please could anyone offer advise. Please see before and after photos of tree.

Thank you

PXL_20231018_101211324.jpg

PXL_20231003_073929614.jpg

Hi,

If that is how they have left it then it does look odd, are they doing any further work.

The issue is that as it has been left to get so big that a smaller (snip the ends) reduction wouldn't look much different and would be really expensive due to the amount of work/equipment involved.

My big question would be, 'what the hell happened to your garden?!? Am I missing something?

The tree would be the least of my worries.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

little bit. ask them to glue some back on.

just at a rough guess i would have said ill take the right hand side up roughly following the outside of the conifer and match the left hand side, then see if i can take a couple of foot off the top

but also your photos are from different places and dont show consistency

but again it depends on what the request was for

Is that the finished job? Bit odd the way all the tops are the same height if so, it's what I would call a flat top. Not great shape.

I wouldn't worry too much because it will grow back, but next time I'd ask for some photos of reductions the tree surgeon has done before and satisfy yourself they know what they're doing.

I want to say that I did jobs like that,but I always explain that tree will be destroyed and I recommend removal or just crown rising and dead wood removal usually after little argument and few photos from net ,clients agree with me . Few times I lost the jobs because of that but 🤷🏿‍♂️.In this particular case we talking about tree should not be touched at all in my opinion as you will get all this high back next year but shape and strength will be lost, so wasted money .

• Like 3