Why bother?

hedge mong

2 hours ago, hedge mong said:

Yep,each to their own.

Payment to insurance companies is a BIG scam and getting worse.

Perhaps when you next price a job offer a 30 %  reduction on the basis of no insurance and no comeback....

You might be surprised how much work you still get.

As for council contract bashing and utilities trimming leave it for the stupid...

Council contract bashing? I work for just about every volume house builder in the UK. Forestry Commission, WIldlife Trust, Crown Estates, about 15 Housing Associations, About 15 Councils at the last count. I am instructed by solicitors, architects, planning consultants, project managers and a fee others I'm not allowed to name. NONE of this work would happen if I didn't have insurance. The premiums are about 1/2% of my turnover.

You stick to your niche and I'll stick to mine.

Edited by daltontrees
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

(You couldn’t do the job anyway, access is through a school, and surprisingly enough they asked to see insurance documentation, the bastards).

Completely outrageous behaviour asking to see your insurance details. Parents wouldn't dream of criticising the school for not checking your insurance if their child got injured. I hope you're not wasting money on those stupid Loler inspections, but you probably don't need them as most of us just free climb and drop everything without lowering kit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, daltontrees said:

Council contract bashing? I work for just about every volume house builder in the UK. Forestry Commission, WIldlife Trust, Crown Estates, about 15 Housing Associations, About 15 Councils at the last count. I am instructed by solicitors, architects, planning consultants, project managers and a fee others I'm not allowed to name. NONE of this work would happen if I didn't have insurance. The premiums are about 1/2% of my turnover.

You stick to your niche and I'll stick to mine.

Done large take downs on school grounds without pupils present because I don't pay for insurance.

I was the cheapest price and they paid me.

I suppose you take out insurance incase it rains when you are on holiday ?

Anyway it's all a scam to take unnecessary money out of the struggling economy.

Edited by hedge mong

1 minute ago, hedge mong said:

Done large take downs on school grounds without pupils present because I don't pay for insurance.

I was the cheapest price and they paid me.

I suppose you take out insurance incase it rains when you are on holiday ?

Anyway it's all a scam to take unnecessary money out of the struggling economy.

Strong post content to username correlation...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5