Where can I get a hydraulic winch pump for a Land Rover?

William Clifford

19 hours ago, doobin said:

Got to be easier to just chuck the current winch on Marketplace and fit a decent electric one? You're only using it sporadically.

That's just what I'm about to do with mine. Milemarker have withdrawn from Europe making spares difficult, just to add to the mix.

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, hedge mong said:

Stick an electric powered hydraulic pump on it . easy enough to do that with some wires and some hoses.

Just sell hydraulic one and stick a electric winch on it, then you can have a wireless remote control which is great for fell. 

2 hours ago, hedge mong said:

Stick an electric powered hydraulic pump on it . easy enough to do that with some wires and some hoses.

Introducing inefficiencies for no reason, just replace the winch with electric if your going to get all the power from the battery!

the engine driven one’s were supposed to be better as you could draw a lot more hp straight from the engine. 

I'm planning on taking it to have it pressure checked next week. My initial response when the winch wasn't working properly was that it might not be worth repairing depending on what was up with it. I don't use it much at all so would prefer to swap a faulty part than replace the whole thing if I can.

Thanks for the replies!

Milemarkers blurb reckons on 3 gallons per minute flow rate and not very much in the way of psi in hydraulic terms.

LAYER   LOAD     PSI     GPM
         1    6700     900        3
         1    7800    1000        3
         1    9100    1100        3
         1   10100    1200        3
         1   11000    1300        3
         1   12000    1400

One of these in the pressure line from the pump will measure pressure vs flow, most decent ag engineers will have one. Takes away all the guesswork.

• imagejpg1_zps8294a55d

• Like 2