Greenmech starting issue

Shaunpaul

Not that anyone cares, but to set the record straight.

I bought an ST8 off the French suppliers, a few months after the purchase they informed me that a new law had come into place saying a stop button had to be added, and that they’d fit it for 2k.

I questioned it and they then took the opportunity to ghost me (a not unusual French business tactic) no replies to emails or phone calls.

I had numerous issues with the machine, too many to mention, but I have to say Redwood Global really stepped up to the plate, send me loads of stuff free to try and resolve problems, loads of time on the phone when they could just have said phone the French agent.

So whilst I cannot in all conscience recommend a Först, I hear they are better now and their customer service is top notch.

• Like 5

It isn't only Briggs who have issues.

Renault, Dacia, Nissan group have famously been taken to court by a group of owners over their TCi petrol engines.

They have long been in denial of any issues and simply blamed the owners or ghosted them.

WWW.GOOGLE.FR

2.000 propriétaires de voitures Renault, Dacia et Nissan ont déposé une plainte pour "tromperie, mise en danger de la...

23 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

It isn't only Briggs who have issues.

It is important to remember the EFI engine has software updates. Briggs build something like 500 engines per day. They could be sat in their dispatch for a period of time, then shipped across the world, sat in a chipper manufacturers storage and then finally fitted. This process could be 6 months, it could be 18 months. Briggs have software updates (no different to an iPhone) which may solve issues known at HQ. It is important these updates are carried out at dealers premises at PDI when new but also periodically when machines are in for service. Take your newish vehicle back into the main dealer for a service and can almost guarantee there will be a software update carried out.

This is why we are setup with the diagnostic kit and can support the engines from a warranty point of view. Yes we have had a few issues with the engines but the fault is usually diagnosed and resolved with minimal downtime. 

Most cases of issues surrounding the engine can be linked to wrong after care without the EFI diagnostics or EFI service training. Stuart Lee's is a prime example of this. Regarding Shaunpauls troubles, Jase Hutch and myself (Ashley) have been saying on this thread back in June that the engine needs plugging in. If it was plugged in, fault codes checked, ECU updated to the latest software, high pressure fuel pump tested etc etc would we still be talking about it in the second week of September? 

• Like 1

Unfortunately @GA Groundcare I think your right but the modern tec and needing the right computer to fix anything is sending us all backwards as simple things can no longer be fixed locally to many people and I don’t believe we are using significantly less fuel than we were 20 years ago to make up for it. This isn’t a dig at you more a rant at society and modern tec in general!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Will C said:

Unfortunately @GA Groundcare I think your right but the modern tec and needing the right computer to fix anything is sending us all backwards as simple things can no longer be fixed locally to many people and I don’t believe we are using significantly less fuel than we were 20 years ago to make up for it. This isn’t a dig at you more a rant at society and modern tec in general!

It does somewhat remind me of the American Vs Russian writing in space analogy.

One spent millions on a zero gravity Fischer pen and the other just used a pencil.

3 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

Yeah, but they made the money back selling Fischer Space Pens to consumers. Capitalism..

Damn those cunning capitalists!.

I do have a question about the diesel option, I hear they're down plated output wise but are they as filled with sensors as the petrol equivalent?.