Greenmech starting issue

Shaunpaul

33 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Whilst updates might improve the fuel economy etc, it should be a running engine when it leaves the factory. You're car doesn't just stop working because ford use a new firmware.

Our Isuzu D-Max had a software update on it's first service. The first thing a new iPhone does when setting up as a new phone is an update. We are able to check engines and install a software update if there is one on these engines :) 

6 minutes ago, GA Groundcare said:

Our Isuzu D-Max had a software update on it's first service. The first thing a new iPhone does when setting up as a new phone is an update. We are able to check engines and install a software update if there is one on these engines :) 

You know what I mean tho, it's an improvement not something that should unbrick something. iPhones and such IOT need to talk to the mother ship 😋

• Like 1

On 04/09/2023 at 20:50, Shaunpaul said:

Update, it was taken back to my local dealer/workshop on Thursday. I’ll not post who and slate them as they may come good, fingers crossed 🤞🏻 however there was a phone call about it being in full working order when it originally left!!!! and then it may need a wiring loom…..stern words exchanged I went higher up the chain, think someone had a bollocking as when I returned it people were a little sheepish. I’m not holding my breath but hopefully something happens soon. I’d forgotten how ****************ing awful it is mashing brash up on the back of the van 🤪 in this heat ffs. I feel another hire machine is needed to be productive.

Hey Shaunpaul.

Any news?

3 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Hey Shaunpaul.

Any news?

Erm….I’ve literally just collected it from the ex-dealership near me who had it. They wanted to put a sensor on and labour at £480 total, but the email along with it was worded that there was no guarantee of that being the issue and could need further diagnostic at a further charge. And no refund or discounts for the previous work that didn’t solve this. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Shaunpaul said:

Erm….I’ve literally just collected it from the ex-dealership near me who had it. They wanted to put a sensor on and labour at £480 total, but the email along with it was worded that there was no guarantee of that being the issue and could need further diagnostic at a further charge. And no refund or discounts for the previous work that didn’t solve this. 

Terrible way of operating. Any idiot can just keep fitting parts until it eventually cures a problem via a process of elimination. What they are saying is exactly that......and you are then paying for parts and work that wasn't necessary. And they are just saying 'tough'

You take it to an 'expert' to avoid such instances.....otherwise you may as well adopt their attitude and keep fitting parts until it cures the issue, but without a labour charge if you do it yourself.

• Like 3

The good news is though, the guys at Greenmech HQ have reached out, and hopefully I’m dropping it off with them next week. I really hope they can finally get to the bottom of the issue. And I really appreciate the help and customer service they have always provided 😇

• Like 7

2 hours ago, pleasant said:

Terrible way of operating. Any idiot can just keep fitting parts until it eventually cures a problem via a process of elimination. What they are saying is exactly that......and you are then paying for parts and work that wasn't necessary. And they are just saying 'tough'

You take it to an 'expert' to avoid such instances.....otherwise you may as well adopt their attitude and keep fitting parts until it cures the issue, but without a labour charge if you do it yourself.

I couldn't have expressed it better myself.

This is what the mechanic was doing to mine.

Only electronic part not replaced was the ECU.

Edited by Ty Korrigan
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Ty Korrigan said:

Oh, he even changed the hydraulic oil and this he charged me for.

Which was nice.

As an aside, but tenuously similar. We often have pedestrian mowers in, that a customer doesn't want to pay for a full blown service, but ideally just wants the blade removed, sharpened, balanced and re-fitted. We are happy to do this, but naturally on a petrol mower it requires either tipping on it's back or at least on it's side to get at the blade. To avoid oil migration either into the exhaust or worse, the air filter and carb, we vacuum remove the old oil prior to starting work and then re-fill it with new oil (normally between 500ml-600ml) at a cost of around £8.00 plus the charge to do the blade.

You will be surprised how many people don't understand we need to remove the oil in the first place, and more astoundingly those that think we should put their old cruddy oil back so there's no oil charge!!!

Edited by pleasant
  • Like 2