FR Jones

benedmonds

2 hours ago, Peasgood said:

Mine?

I don't have one, only a debit card. 

Not everyone uses a credit card its so easy to spend money that is not yours i get that. I have had more than one firm go tits up in the past like most guys in business i expect. Give the bank a ring and see where you stand a charge back can be applied on debit cards. 

9 hours ago, Peasgood said:

Are you sure that credit card protection covers business transactions because I was sure it didn't, just domestic/personal stuff.

You are correct. The act only covers individuals, not businesses, so a business purchase is not covered. However, some credit card providers have paid out so possibly worth a claim. 

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, sandspider said:

Apparently Honey Brothers have bought FRjones's intellectual property, contact list etc.

I just got this email as well. Obviously I’m thrilled that FR Jones has sold my data to a third party…. 

How that’s legal is beyond me. Hopefully the sale proceeds go towards refunding some of the folk that have lost out in all this. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JackR said:

I just got this email as well. Obviously I’m thrilled that FR Jones has sold my data to a third party…. 

How that’s legal is beyond me. Hopefully the sale proceeds go towards refunding some of the folk that have lost out in all this. 

Get a grip mate.

If you and the rest of the blamers had any idea how these things go you would know it is well beyond FR Jones, Justin or anyone else previously involved with their business.

The administrators are holding all the cards and they will do what they can to get some money back in order to clear some of the accounts.

Some of the people seem to be blaming Justin personally.  He and members of their family have lost their job as well as his long serving staff.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, JackR said:

There is another thread, in the last week about selling a sole trader business, part of the value in that is the contact and client list. Perfectly legal. Imagine the old boss retires in a company, it would be expected they give a handover and introduce the new boss to all the clients. Same thing and happens the world over all the time,.

(Might be a different thing - which in this case I very much doubt - if your contact details is anything more than address, phone number, e-mail, your more recent order history, and your credit status)