Cheap chip truck?

djbobbins

There’s half a dozen of these under auction, some have short ticket and a few more kms on the tacho, but this one has got MOT until February next year and only 180,000km.  

Given that you couldn’t buy a sh*tbox Corsa or Bipper can of the same age and mileage for the current bids, it seems an astonishingly cheap option for someone who wants to shift decent amounts of chip…

55 minutes ago, nepia said:

Has anyone actually used these as a chip truck?  Would they work?  I don't know but a few years ago @Old Mill Tree Care actually seriously asked the same questions I remember.  I think there was no definitive answer!

A firm  up the A23 just north of Hooley used to use one, you could see the cubes of crushed brash  in a field . I expect the chap's name will come to mind over the next few hours 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, openspaceman said:

A firm  up the A23 just north of Hooley used to use one, you could see the cubes of crushed brash  in a field . I expect the chap's name will come to mind over the next few hours 😉

WJ Kent?  Used to have their yard at Cane Hill until it got built on; I think they moved about 100yds!

I think they're on here actually as their AA accreditation was announced on here a few years back

23 hours ago, nepia said:

WJ Kent?  Used to have their yard at Cane Hill until it got built on; I think they moved about 100yds!

I think they're on here actually as their AA accreditation was announced on here a few years back

That doesn't ring a bell. There used to be a group of "tree sugeons" that traded as *insert surrey town name here* tree surgeons and he was one of this group from Mitcham originally.

13 hours ago, dan blocker said:

If it’s anything like my local council you could only use alternate weeks, do chip one week and logs the next🤔

Or you leave it parked on side of road  were your working and find it full of black bags. 

To run that refuse truck you are going to need an Olicence, if you have one there are better alternatives. There was a street trees crew running one around Putney a few years ago,as per any refuse truck it had built in traffic management/ road block capabilities. 

Bob

9 hours ago, openspaceman said:

That doesn't ring a bell. There used to be a group of "tree sugeons" that traded as *insert surrey town name here* tree surgeons and he was one of this group from Mitcham originally.

Vic Muggeridge trading as ML Contractors?  Mentioned this topic to a mate earlier and he came up with that name.

He drove the lorry (which btw was ag registered so run on red!) a few times doing street trees in Wandsworth and said that when they turned up in a new street they'd see residents dashing to put their bins out 😂

• Haha 1