Quad bikes

I'm a cutter and this year I'm looking at spending about 1-5-2.5 on a quad bike for getting about some sites etc. 

Does anybody use a quad on harvesting/clearfell sites? If so let me know how you get on with it and show me your set up etc if you've got photos. 

Just think it'd be grand for steep ground if you can get up and around the clearfell on farmers fields etc. Only heard of one guy around here having one, but I like the idea!

we use one for getting about on sites, some days its worth its weight in gold, i put a box on the rear of it and all so have another for on the front rack, we all so have a small trailer with quad wheels and cage sides, well worth there money but be careful on steep ground with em, slow and steady wins the race many a day,,

20160303_150815.jpg

20170926_131435.jpg

• Like 3

Not specifically In forestry J but I used to use this one quite a lot for work. It was road reg/insured so could go anywhere with it. Had an ifor p6 trailer it would both go in for transport and tow while working. Was good for tree work on farms and estates anyway. This was it one weekend I was going to do tree's at Dryburgh. Saw, fuel, PPE, climbing and rigging kit.

image.png.67c912acbd4c39ef1782ccf5db967db4.png

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, JDon said:

Aye. Sold on the idea like. 

would I be buying a dog rough quad for max 2K do yoy reckon? 

biggest problem with a lot of quads you see for sale on the likes of flebay or market place is a lot of them have been nicked and all ID removed, personally i would be spending a bit more and buying from a reputable dealer,, good luck and be careful, its not that long since a local farm to me had a quad returned that had been stolen in 2009 with only 3 miles more on the clock than it had when stolen,,