How much to charge per day for( 40ton pressure) horizontal wood splitter?

cessna

1 minute ago, Sviatoslav Tulin said:

From my experience I recommend you do not give anything to anybody,personal experience, or open I hire centre and run it as a business,in Lithuania same equipment cost 650 EURO per week plus VAT. 

I was told "There are NO friends in business ,but conduct ones business in a friendly manner" 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cessna said:

Thank you gdh, I was thinking £220/250 per day .  

Ive got one and I wouldn't dream of hiring it out for that, unless I was hiring it out on a proper, permananet hire commercial contract. 

Unless you are properly set up for commercial hire, with 3rd party liability insurance, theft/damage cover etc etc, its simply not worth the effort for such a small sum against the value of the machine.

If something goes wrong and he cuts his fingers off, are you covered? If it gets stolen whilst hes got it, who is covering it? Delivery? Collection? What if the blow/bend a ram or both of them? What if the snap the splitting knife (weve managed to snap one knife off ours once!)

In my experience, when you lend/hire someone a piece of kit you are taking the chance that it will come back with some part damaged (that no one tells you about). How many bits of the BB40 can you repair for £250? Not a lot quite frankly!!

Leave it to the commercial hirers and keep your own machine in good nick!! 

• Like 1

I would never hire out that type of machine unless on my tractor with operator. 

My old boss hired a swipe to local estate to clear some ground, told them repairs would be charged to them, it cost them more for repairs then the hire cost. 

Edited by woody paul
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...