Makita Strimmer Split Tank Help!

HJK

Somebody once showed me a great fix for repairing splits and holes, coat the hole/crack with super glue, then sprinkle baking powder into the glue, when dry( doesn’t take long) rub it down and reapply, carry on until it’s filled, it works really well.

Pvc solvent cement is what gets used for plastic plumbing.

Depending on the plastic it effectively bonds two parts together by dissolving and joining the plastic bonds into a seamless piece.

The Toolstation/Screwfix stuff isn't bad.

I reckon this stuff will do the job it seems to be the dog's doodas

WWW.TOOLSTATION.COM

• Excellent colour retention and UV resistant • Over paintable • Works in wet or dry conditions, even under water • Can be used in all salt water environments • Unique flexibility and does not...

• Like 1

.....an new tank is £20, or a pattern one is a lot less. You can spend more than that on all these sealers and adhesives and still no guarantee they will work........or how safe the repair will be after. For that kind of money for a new one i wouldn't mess around with a repair. Doesn't make economic or time sense 😗

• Like 8

1 hour ago, pleasant said:

.....an new tank is £20, or a pattern one is a lot less. You can spend more than that on all these sealers and adhesives and still no guarantee they will work........or how safe the repair will be after. For that kind of money for a new one i wouldn't mess around with a repair. Doesn't make economic or time sense 😗

Well if you've already got stuff on your shelf, a wee dawb on a prepared crack is a no brainer, there are so many innovative newish products out there that many are unaware of, CT1 is completely different to what's gone before... and another great product for a job like this is UV activated plastic repair glue.

These things and others should be part of every practical persons tool kit these days, up to date innovations certainly provide a whole plethora of solutions enabling effective repairs in situations that were previously not generally considered possible or worthwhile trying.

• Like 1

I have fixed so much stuff with "Stixall", that it is now my "go to" answer for most everything.

It also has an amazing shelf life, even after opening, so long as one pops the cap on the nozzle immediately after every use.

Edited by difflock
  • Like 1