Pricing.

RobG 86

On 23/03/2023 at 07:22, RobG 86 said:

Morning all. Hope all are well.  Just recently I have been asked to take out the tops for a few conifers in the same village but at different property. My question is what price would you be asking for to take out the top and reshape and to dispose of the waste? I think my pricing is fair but don’t want to be to cheep and course myself problems down the line or make it harder for people in the industry. Thanks 

AB5E0CD6-A09A-4906-806E-25114FF07B30.jpeg

It looks about 1/2 day for 2 persons with travel and disposal if topped or felled completely if m telephone wires, if electric you are going to have to liaise with electric company if that close so need to factor in the cost of that too (on cost per man day you should know best what you need plus profit). The tree has outgrown its situation and clearly needs remove and that would be my advice to the client and wouldn’t be prepared to take it half-way down as it will look a mess and therefore not good for reputation … you don’t have to do, it particular as you say plenty work around. 

2 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Half a day! Half an hour more like.

Electric cable is no problem.

Mick, I was allowing 1/2 hr to load up and get to job if local but not more than an hour to take tree down or top tree, then some time added for disposal afterward and if just one tree I would put it down as a 1/2 days work for 2 persons however there are several trees to work on in same village it seems so depending on what's involved and all agree to the price it should be possible to do more in a 1/2 day.

19 minutes ago, Vedhoggar said:

Mick, I was allowing 1/2 hr to load up and get to job if local but not more than an hour to take tree down or top tree, then some time added for disposal afterward and if just one tree I would put it down as a 1/2 days work for 2 persons however there are several trees to work on in same village it seems so depending on what's involved and all agree to the price it should be possible to do more in a 1/2 day.

Understood.

I’d just say to the client £150 and we’ll do it when we have an hour or two free after another job, prolly a cubic meter of chip.

Ideally cash on a Friday afternoon so it’ll get straight into the Colombian exchequer without delay.

(I joke of course)

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 1