I think this dude is barking up the wrong tree

richyrich

1 hour ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Clients plant their own trees as a rule, or pay landscape gardeners to do it.

Who made this rule tho?  Yea I get both your points here, but that's my point could be an easy add on to the job, so the tree surgeon gets it not a lanscape gardener.

7 minutes ago, NJA said:

Who made this rule tho?  Yea I get both your points here, but that's my point could be an easy add on to the job, so the tree surgeon gets it not a lanscape gardener.

It’s just how it works out, I do plant hedges occasionally after removal and grinding of the old one.

Most clients want to think about a new tree rather than incorporate it in the felling/grinding process on the day, plus it’s not always the right time of year to replant.

Finally and most importantly tree surgeons charge strong money for their work.

Paying top money to one for a simple job like that doesn’t sit right with many private clients.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

It’s just how it works out, I do plant hedges occasionally after removal and grinding of the old one.

Most clients want to think about a new tree rather than incorporate it in the felling/grinding process on the day, plus it’s not always the right time of year to replant.

Finally and most importantly tree surgeons charge strong money for their work.

Paying top money to one for a simple job like that doesn’t sit right with many private clients.

Mick said it.

Bless - I guess his heart is in the right place, but unfortunately it’s poorly executed, clueless, deluded, ****************wittery -  - par for the course in this day and age.

A consequence of giving them all winners medals at sports day?

To quote Terry Pratchett - 

“If you trust in yourself. . .and believe in your dreams. . .and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.”

• Like 4

19 hours ago, oldwoodcutter said:

What a load of old cods, and his firewood looks a bit on the damp side.

That's his overnight edging load, keeps it on a low smoulder so he can flare it up easily in the morning. 

Honest, guv.

• Like 1

I couldn’t watch all of it but he pretty much pressed all my buttons.

’educating clients’

Stopping tree surgery start up firms by colluding with insurance  companies to prevent cover.

MORE tree officers!

More regulation.

’where’s the love of trees rather than money?’

Needs to blow his nose.