Lineker stood down…

eggsarascal

1 minute ago, Con said:

He has a bbc contract.  Again,  I don't know if it was broken. Just highlighting the inconsistencies 

The Apprentice is not produced by the BBC, but by a separate company with another company distributing it.  It is effectievly a franchise that started in the US, and I suspect AS's contract is with them.

MOTD is a BBC production, so I suspect that is why GL has a contract with them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, waterbuoy said:

The Apprentice is not produced by the BBC, but by a separate company with another company distributing it.  It is effectievly a franchise that started in the US, and I suspect AS's contract is with them.

MOTD is a BBC production, so I suspect that is why GL has a contract with them.

So doesn't that show its the bbc that has the problem with free speech?

The point I was making is that GLs contract is/was with the BBC, who are funded by the licence fee payers under specific conditions.  AS's contract is (I think) with an independent production company who are not funded by public funds.  The BBC have a history of broadcsating programmes produced by many different companies from an equally diverse range of political and social perspectives, but their own productions are supposed to be independent from a political perspective.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Basically the BBC have caved in to the conservative government because they don’t like what he’s said. Impartial my arse.

Comparing the UK today with 1930s Germany is an utter crock. If anything I’d have BBC as more left than right but 🤷‍♂️ quite frankly it’s a total non event for me. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Comparing the UK today with 1930s Germany is an utter crock. If anything I’d have BBC as more left than right but 🤷‍♂️ quite frankly it’s a total non event for me. 

It bothers me not, I don’t watch TV, millions do watch MOTD, and tonight they can’t find a commentator, and it’s alleged other football commentators are pulling out of the BBC in solidarity. This subject might be a non event for you… but I thought you were all for free speech, or is that only when it suits you?

58 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

It bothers me not, I don’t watch TV, millions do watch MOTD, and tonight they can’t find a commentator, and it’s alleged other football commentators are pulling out of the BBC in solidarity. This subject might be a non event for you… but I thought you were all for free speech, or is that only when it suits you?

No where did I say I’m not for free speech ??? 
I said comparing the UK with 1930s Germany  is a crock !!. My views on overpaid fragile diving fannies ie premier league footballers makes it a  nonevent for me, currently watching the Rugby which I far prefer. Although up to now it ain’t going so well 😞

Edited by Johnsond

Probably been said on here already, but I can't be r'sd to read every post.

Here we have social media doing the normal bonkers stuff, like he should be reinstated, freedom of speech, censorship, big brother etc etc

MSM last night was full of talking heads saying much the same.

However, would social media sheeple and the same talking heads be saying the same had Lineker said ' I think the government are doing the right thing. It's about time something was done about these illegal immigrants and the over population of our country'

I would hazzard a guess, the answer would be a big fat no. Most likely those same people would be calling for him to be sacked, strung up with piano wire etc etc.

This is the problem in this country now....yes, you can have freedom of speech as long as yoiu agree with the very vocal. Freedom of speech when it suits the narrative. Now THAT really is big brother....and this is how these bigots are slowly taking us.

You only need to go to your local newspaper website and i guarantee there will be several news articles on certain subjects that the newspaper will not open to comments. We all know what they are, and we let it carry on....the silent majority need to be more vocal

Edited by pleasant
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1