How long have we urban dwellers got?

Well, hi Sur, ussens over here in NI might be safe enough, unless we are so unlucky as for the politicians to agree to get Stormont up and running again.

Mind you this also means we are still stuck with the post 1997 car drivers unable to tow a trailer greater than 750Kg

48 minutes ago, difflock said:

Well, hi Sur, ussens over here in NI might be safe enough, unless we are so unlucky as for the politicians to agree to get Stormont up and running again.

Mind you this also means we are still stuck with the post 1997 car drivers unable to tow a trailer greater than 750Kg

WWW.THECCC.ORG.UK

This report provides advice to Northern Ireland on its 2030 and 2040 interim targets and first three Carbon Budgets.

Weirdly this popped up in my news feed on my phone, looks like Google is all knowing.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, difflock said:

I wonder how they are going to account for the vast number of pallets burned on the 12th bonfires?

It is an interesting question as currently I do not think they are exempted under the waste regulations.

They can identify whether particulates come from combustion of biomass or hydrocarbon and differentiate them from non combustion particulates but I wonder how they allocate the various size classes, as someone said earlier in the thread it has only been fairly recently that the technology has existed for differentiating PM 2.5 from PM 10, and remember there are 64 times as many PM 2.5 per microgram as PM 10.

It amuses me when I collect kids from a forest school there is always a fire pit burning with blue smoke wafting around and a long while back my particulate detector minding its own business sniffing for fugitive particulates from my stove went wild when I lit a joss stick to identify draughts.

Not that I would under state the problem of particulates, products of incomplete combustion, their effects are insidious, think how long it took to link lung cancer with smouldering biomass, but it is difficult to quantify how life limiting they are, After all it is only recently the median age of death has fallen yet there is less air pollution now than in the 40s during which the current cohort of people of that age were growing up.

23 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

I lit a joss stick to identify draughts.

I have a box of yoga blend so acrid that I have demoted it to "incense, automotive grade" and use it to detect intake manifold leaks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

ive just recently joined here as folks will see... hi all 

pleased to see some sensible minds among us .its hard to not enquire about the motivation behind these government policies as it seems very much motivated by greed and control... this carbon neutral thing appears pretty impossible... illogical  and some what ridiculous to many sane and rational minded people.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jimbob01 said:

it also seems rather strange that the policies implemented by these so called governors often involve particles to small to actually see 🤔

Welcome to Arbtalk.. and aye, they like to get us all arguing over invisible stuff don't they🙄

• Like 1