Nurses pay rise

Kimosabi

4 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

I don't think anyones has to be fair.

Groundsmen in our trade are still starting out on what I did 25 years ago!

Absolutely, unless you’re in finance you’ve basically been taking a pay cut for the last 10 years! 

Just now, GarethM said:

Well the union needs to pull it's fingers out and actually stick to a coherent argument, if I was the government and they wanted 19% for everyone, I'd tell them to sling their hook aswell.

If the government would engage in negotiations with the RCN, they would probably have reached an agreement by now……🤔

20 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

This is probably the biggest part of the problem, all the money wasted.

I read the other day they spent £100,000 on training staff how to deal with pregnant transgender men including the use of the terms 'chest feeding'. Not sure if that was actually true but it wouldnt surprise me these days.

On a lot of the literature now it's not pregnant women it's "pregnant people"

You would think carrying a baby inside your womb, would classify you as a woman :002:

• Haha 1

I call bs about the negotiation, the RCN have gone political. If they stuck to a simple solution like I said they might have had to strike but it would be a easy to defend and easy to get the public on side.

If your on 50k before the extras, nope sorry jog on.

From an article 21 years old - nothing changes. Old enough to remember 78/79 and how bad it was.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The relationship between trade unions and Labour leaders, when they get into power, is always both sweet and sour, says Derek Brown.

Jim Callaghan fared little better in his brief stint at Number 10, from 1976 to 1979. Indeed, the issue which did more than any other to undermine his administration was the so-called winter of discontent in 1978 to 1979, when it seemed that every public sector union was determined to destroy the government.

If that was the intention, it worked. In the spring of 1979, the Conservatives surged back to power, on a platform which promised to do to the unions what they had done to the Callaghan government. In the years that followed, the movement was bludgeoned into submission, as employment law tilted massively towards bosses and away from workers.

With Labour back in power, not a lot has changed. The old verities - redistribution of wealth, public sector growth, employment protection - seem almost quaint in their irrelevance. But at least the grub's better at Number 10.

5 minutes ago, scbk said:

On a lot of the literature now it's not pregnant women it's "pregnant people"

You would think carrying a baby inside your womb, would classify you as a woman :002:

Perhaps when the transplant wombs into those transitioning it'll revert back? Frankly, I don't get any of it!

Not knocking the job they do but in the present climate lots of other folk are struggling who do more difficult jobs for less pay. As I've heard before if you dont like your job get another. What certainly doesn't help as others have stated the NHS is bloated with managers/consultants who aren't needed but then again plenty of large organisations are.