Does this qualify as a shit day?

Bocca

I’d like a pound for every time I’ve stood under the yard security light after getting back to the yard  this time of year and disinfecting lines or boots or just about everything else that can get in contact with rancid stinking dog muck.

And after finally thinking about trudging into the house out of the rain and cold,  I notice the truck pedals and mats are covered in it too.

23 hours ago, Joe Newton said:

Were you on day rate?

These days if I turn up and the garden has been carpet bombed I get the big blower and clear our route. I often direct it towards the patio door.

Depending on who I'm working for some find it funny and others are mortified. Fair game I reckon. 

Absolutely. I went a step further in one small but particularly bad garden, and shovelled it all to the bottom of the steps to his back door. It sounds like it could be a euphemism, but it was just a pile of shite. 

31 minutes ago, Conor Wright said:

Not in the slightest! Ive horrified some of my other half's vegan friends with the same video.

I haven't gone further than pheasent, rabbit or venison myself, but then I've never known real hunger.

He's odd, no denying that, but in my opinion kinda likable.

Just rewatched it. I must add that I'm a better cook than him. 

He reminds me of my mate, Andy, also an orienteer as it happens but also a vegetarian. Excellent man. Humane, witty, buoyant, measured, positive without being ghastly with it.

A load of us were on the boat back from Lundy after a climbing trip. The sea was rough and a good half of the embarkees were sat looking green and unhappy, except the ones who were actively throwing up over the rail of course. Andy casually pulls out his recorder he'd been occasionally entertaining us with all week and toots out What Shall We Do with a Drunken Sailor? I had my sea legs and stomach so found it riotously funny.

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Didn’t even break the wires. Guy walks out of the basket on the floor. I call that a success.

Never having overloaded a mewp it was fascinating  to see how it lowered slowly, it would be interesting to see how the valves on the ram prevent lowering in the event of a hose failure but still allow oil to escape when overloaded ( this is normally done with a port relief valve at the control but that won't work with a check valve on the ram).

Or did the operator lower it??

8 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

Or did the operator lower it??

That would require the presence of an individual with competence and experience on that work site.

If said person was there I would imagine he/she would have made their presence felt before the stuff hit the fan.

I suspect the relief valve was letting oil through.

Edited by Mick Dempsey