Chainsaw trousers for a lady!

Arbortec do trousers in ladies sizes, but I have worked with a few ladies who preferred the mens option, depends on body shape I suppose, quite pricey too.

Cheap option would be chaps, Francital and Solidor are French brands that do cheap trousers, eBay usually has them listed as well as Husqvarna functional and Oregon.
Chainsaw wellies are awful to wear, hot in Summer, cold in Winter and usually two sizes bigger than the number states.

Oregon and Lovarro do cheap boots with decent tread and ankle support.

I read that to suggest you want chainsaw trousers for protection from the more spiky hedges, rather than protection from chainsaw use....is that correct? Stihl and most other decent manufacturers produce protective trousers specifically for hedge cutting, and also brush cutting use. They are a lot cheaper as they dont have the chainsaw resistant kevlar ballistic protection. But what they do have is a more protective outer layer to prevent thorn intrusion and is more abrasive resistant for working up against and within hedge material. Plus they are lighter.

Edited by pleasant
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, pleasant said:

I read that to suggest you want chainsaw trousers for protection from the more spiky hedges, rather than protection from chainsaw use....is that correct? Stihl and most other decent manufacturers produce protective trousers specifically for hedge cutting, and also brush cutting use. They are a lot cheaper as they dont have the chainsaw resistant kevlar ballistic protection. But what they do have is a more protective outer layer to prevent thorn intrusion and is more abrasive resistant for working up against and within hedge material. Plus they are lighter.

Sorry, did not make myself clear, she wants to use the chain saw!

So looking for comfy chainsaw trousers which have a hard wearing outer for the thorns.

1 minute ago, organic guy said:

Sorry, did not make myself clear, she wants to use the chain saw!

So looking for comfy chainsaw trousers which have a hard wearing outer for the thorns.

Pfanner for strides and anything that is comfortable in boots but NOT " chainsaw wellies" Instruments of torture .

Beaver extreme ones

Beaver Extreme outer fabric

Provides the necessary robustness; the critical wear points are reinforced with thorn-resistant material.

Lasting me ages atm

WWW.STIHL.CO.UK

Work trousers with certified cut resistance to BS EN 381-5, Design A. Preformed, double reinforced knee areas. Trouser...

I've always liked my SIP trousers, obviously I'm a bloke so they aren't exactly figure hugging but cheap enough to walk through the undergrowth and be ok.

Barbwire and hawthorn are their Achilles heel. Think my last pair were about £80, even a few at £40 at the moment.

Edited by GarethM

I have tried various makes over the years including the early Husqvarna blue ones that were basically  a couple of sleeping bags on each leg . Apart from an Australian pair ( Cloggers ? ) which aren't CE marked I always come back to Pfanners . 

If the Mrs has never bought a pair of chainsaw trousers then I suggest she find a local dealer and go and try them on. Sizing can be a headache for sure. In regards to being tough unfortunately you need to start looking at the thick end of the price scale, Pfanners gladiator and the extreme range are amongst the toughest trousers out there, extremely good quality but you do get what you pay for with those. Thats from customer feedback not personal use, I liked the husky technical extreme which are a good fit for me, very light and comfy but certainly not the hardest wearing.

• Like 2