Why are young’ish people leaving the job market?

eggsarascal

8 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

tax take will go down if you keep bumping up the rates, as those fools in the SNP have realised. 

Hunt's budget proposal will hurt middle income earners which will affect arb. Taxing the wealthy would spare that. Redistributing wealth from the top end will get more people working which must be a good thing?

5 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Land tax on farmland just leads to a soviet style, the government controls production bs. You can't force me to grow something under the threat of tax.

You see big apartments in all towns and cities, huge empty monoliths owned by foreign companies all empty. That is the failure.

Housing and land are like the gold standard used to be. When Gov instills confidence in business and international investment then sterling goes up. It's time to tax those rentiers. That's why Hunt has only helped OAPs and those on benefits - apart from the obvious fact that they are core voters.

As for your first point, Britain is still free. You can do as you please. But if you only want to please yourself then it'll cost you more, that's all.

Jebus, you actually want a soviet style system don't you.

And how free do you actually thing land ownership is ?. Just because it's not producing a crop, why should I be taxed more under your "land redistribution tax".

Next you'll be suggesting we divvy it up and put a house on every plot like the Irish did.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GarethM said:

Jebus, you actually want a soviet style system don't you.

And how free do you actually thing land ownership is ?. Just because it's not producing a crop, why should I be taxed more under your "land redistribution tax".

Next you'll be suggesting we divvy it up and put a house on every plot like the Irish did.

I'm no lefty and never voted Labour in my life. Why? because they're ideological which means they put their pre-conceived ideas before facts, because they are rational not empirical, and because their policies appeal to fake sentimentality and inclusive concern and are not based on reality.

We're off out for the day now. Thanks for the chat and I'll pick it up later if you want?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sutton said:

Hunt's budget proposal will hurt middle income earners which will affect arb. Taxing the wealthy would spare that. Redistributing wealth from the top end will get more people working which must be a good thing?

Citizen smith Dianne Abbot politics , not interested bud. 

• Like 2

What's the crack then?

How do folk get forwards in life? Surely folk don't hit 40% tax barrier and give up?

I do start to wonder what is the point to all this? 

If I earn 50k plus then pay 40% tax and then national insurance on top so 50-51% and then as a sole trader a payment on account in the middle of the year..... 

Going ltd doesn't look as good anymore.... your 2k a year tax free dividend is halved to 1000 next year and 500 the year after..... 

Capital gains.... from stocks etc will now be taxed.... 

You buy a house, do it up and sell it on..... after April next year your ctg allowance drops from 12300 pa to 6000 pa then to 3k pa..... 

Where is the incentive to bray on and get forwards?

I do wonder how safe pensions are considering the recent f up they made.... 

I'm 33 years old and think they've got us cornered.

• Like 3

I wouldn't worry about your pension, there's bugger all to invest in when the Canadian teachers have already got the majority of everything investment wise.

And how the f can they have accrued so much investment wise!.

Edited by GarethM

18 minutes ago, GarethM said:

I wouldn't worry about your pension, there's bugger all to invest in when the Canadian teachers have already got the majority of everything investment wise.

And how the f can they have accrued so much investment wise!.

You have to do something, can't get caught with your pants down when older as what was all the effort for? 

It is crap when your penalised for working hard and saving when folk on benefits etc can blunder on through life and still get same state pension, health care, nursing homes and all that free. Meanwhile you have to sell your home etc and don't forget to save some money for you to have yourself buried ffs..... 

After all the years of tax paying the government can't afford you a send off 😮

• Like 1

I have some pensions when I was working for people and will be looking again once I'm out of the 1st year business wise.

I do have to wonder if anyone has ever gotten to claim from these new pensions such as nest. Obviously public sector ones are fine, but these pensions setup in the last few years do make me wonder.