Sole trader or limited pros and cons

Newtons

On 14/11/2022 at 14:47, Newtons said:

So, I’m planning to start a company up late next year and I think I want to go Ltd, a friend who runs his company says to start out as a sole trader. 
what are your thoughts ???

So why are you asking on another post what to charge for two blokes, transit and load of arisings🤔. Rates could go up or down by end of next year! Some of my clients take a day or two to give me the thumbs up but not a year😳.

28 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

It is a bit confusing, isn't it?

Guy who's not an arborist any more comes on to arb forum, tells us all how clever he is and how much he earns, but takes 800 posts to work out his activity is not essential.

I was talking about this with a very educated chap who comes off good stock, neither of us have ever known anyone that earns £600+/hour.

Legally.

• Like 1

Marketing is clearly a dark art. Robbie Williams said about fame in an interview once that when you stand on stage in a massive arena and say "I'm great!" and the assembled 200,000+ shout back "We agree!" then you get a close approximation of what marketing can do. Talent seems secondary.

Our neighbour over the road once boasted at a more than a usual drunken gathering that she earnt £125kpa. Her "consultancy" seemed mainly in leafleting, email bombing and the other usual campaigning stuff. It's hard to believe. When you hear that big companies have vast schmoozing/networking accounts set aside for just this kind of thing, it makes you wonder. It's all about attracting a buzz, party poppers with whistles and bells, and all that jazz. I don't really get all the data crunching they do behind the scenes, But I do know that money attracts more money.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I was talking about this with a very educated chap who comes off good stock, neither of us have ever known anyone that earns £600+/hour.

Legally.

I’ve earned £600 in an hour, rest of the day I earned fook all, but for that hour, boy, I creamed it in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sutton said:

Marketing is clearly a dark art. Robbie Williams said about fame in an interview once that when you stand on stage in a massive arena and say "I'm great!" and the assembled 200,000+ shout back "We agree!" then you get a close approximation of what marketing can do. Talent seems secondary.

Our neighbour over the road once boasted at a more than a usual drunken gathering that she earnt £125kpa. Her "consultancy" seemed mainly in leafleting, email bombing and the other usual campaigning stuff. It's hard to believe. When you hear that big companies have vast schmoozing/networking accounts set aside for just this kind of thing, it makes you wonder. It's all about attracting a buzz, party poppers with whistles and bells, and all that jazz. I don't really get all the data crunching they do behind the scenes, But I do know that money attracts more money.

Is that the same Rob Williams who I grew up with in Tunstall, the one my old girl used to turn out on his ear when she’d heard enough of him?