Rant about 'climate activists' and Insulate Britain

Rob D

5 hours ago, Rob D said:

By holding up traffic all those vehicles are using MORE fuel as they are stopped with engines running.

Yes and a big gripe i have is with temperary traffic lights, all set up and FA being done, Just been for some shopping and pick some dog food up, 2 sets of lights on the A6 one lot a bit going on and the other nowt, 30/40 cars HGVs coaches all sat waiting, and the powers that be say we need to get our carbon foot print down, i think they need to start the shake up at the top first,,,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Doug Tait said:

I was reading about this ridiculous group recently as well, Tyre Extinguishers. They want people to go out in cities and randomly deflate the tyres of 4x4's and SUV's in order that the individuals affected might suddenly decide to use a bicycle instead. Behaviour like this is utterly thoughtless.

WWW.TYREEXTINGUISHERS.COM

We are people from all walks of life with one aim: To make it impossible to own a huge polluting 4x4 in the...

Edit. Although I did once do it to an obnoxious maths teacher at school which was quite rewarding at the time!

Apparently they unscrew the valve cap, shove a lentil or bean into the valve, then replace the cap.

Then leave a leaflet under the wiper - (link below)

american-english-af6efa4646daed006f48.pdfamerican-english-af6efa4646daed006f48.pdf

Edited by Haironyourchest
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Doug Tait said:

randomly deflate the tyres of 4x4's and SUV's in order that the individuals affected might suddenly decide to use a bicycle instead. Behaviour like this is utterly thoughtless

I just cant see myself towing a 3.5tonne trailer about with a push bike, well not nowadays 😂😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep none of what they are doing - actually makes a lot of sense - as in practical sense for saving the future. It seems more about how you can make life harder for who are on the whole hard working people.

And a lot of fossil fuel burning we farm out to China - and then buy in their cheaper goods which burn more fossil fuels in transport [and this is my company doing this as well]. Can't we burn our own fossil fuel from the UK and start making stuff again?

We'd buy more from within the UK if we could.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

Apparently they unscrew the valve cap, shove a lentil or bean into the valve, then replace the cap.

Then leave a leaflet under the wiper - (link below)

american-english-af6efa4646daed006f48.pdfamerican-english-af6efa4646daed006f48.pdf 573.57 kB · 9 downloads

What a bunch of losers - and a waste of beans and lentils 😅

3 hours ago, dan blocker said:

The last lot of cretins in Kensington were apparently from Scotland , be interesting if they tell us exactly how they made the journey without using any oil based products🤔.

i had Stacy Dooley sleeps over on last night and she was on the Hebradies with a bloke who was a activist sure he was speaking at that Kensington protest, he looked a bit like Henry Cole but with white hair and spoke like right a h but we are all entitled to our own opinion and beliefes 

Edited by spuddog0507

7 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

i had Stacy Dooley sleeps over on last night and she was on the Hebradies with a bloke who was a activist sure he was speaking at that Kensington protest, he looked a bit like Henry Cole but with white hair and spoke like right a h but we are all entitled to our own opinion and beliefes 

Funnily enough, I had Stacey Dooley sleep over the other night. 

She’s not as adventurous as one might presume, sadly 🤷‍♂️

Edited by doobin
  • Haha 2